New to Android, how to customize phone?

LTunezz

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
well hello Android world, I just got my priv, and entering this confusing world of android but I am excited, hearing u can really make the device your own in your identity and etc, which sounds amazing problem is.. how?

I don't know any of the "lingo" or anything lol for example reading a bit I see the word "nexus" thrown around
first of what is some ways I could do that?
and 2ndly what are some must apps, or apps I should consider getting

any help is appreciated thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: new very new

well hello Android world, I just got my priv, and entering this confusing world of android but I am excited, hearing u can really make the device your own in your identity and etc, which sounds amazing problem is.. how?

I don't know any of the "lingo" or anything lol for example reading a bit I see the word "nexus" thrown around
first of what is some ways I could do that?
and 2ndly what are some must apps, or apps I should consider getting

any help is appreciated thanks
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, you can highly customize your Android Device to be YOURS and look/perform how you want it to. Most people will customize the look by theming the phone to their liking. Here is a good read about theming and what you will need to get started: How to personalize your Android phone with themes, launchers, and more! | Android Central

Remember, there are lots of themes available in the Play Store, and most are offered for free. There are also widgets which are placed on your home screen and display real time information. For example, if you want a weather widget the widget can be placed on your home screen to display the current weather with updates to save you the time of opening the weather app.

As far as must have apps, that's really up to you and what you are looking for. Android Central has a weekly listing of apps that are currently being used by AC staff along with a brief narrative of the app. It's a good way to find new apps that you may be interested in using. Find the page here: AC editors' apps of the week: Eat24, CraveTV, Pixel Dungeon and more | Android Central

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair