Verizon BlackBerry Priv not activate with other CDMA carriers

curtisreed07

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a Verizon BlackBerry Priv that I purchased at cost. The device is unlocked. The problem I am having with this device; my carrier is regional carrier called Appalachian Wireless. They use most of Verizon's LTE settings. I inserted the Appalachian Wireless SIM card into the Priv. It appeared to try to activate, but would not. Just to test this, I inserted the same SIM card into the BlackBerry Classic, and it activated successfully. My question is, has anyone else had this problem trying to activate the Verizon Priv on another CDMA carrier? Please help.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon BlackBerry Priv that I purchased at cost. The device is unlocked. The problem I am having with this device; my carrier is regional carrier called Appalachian Wireless. They use most of Verizon's LTE settings. I inserted the Appalachian Wireless SIM card into the Priv. It appeared to try to activate, but would not. Just to test this, I inserted the same SIM card into the BlackBerry Classic, and it activated successfully. My question is, has anyone else had this problem trying to activate the Verizon Priv on another CDMA carrier? Please help.

To me it sounds like the Priv is NOT actually unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2