I wonder if badgering Verizon with the BlackBerry father's day sale could push them for lower their price. Vzw $720 vs BlackBerry $549. If I wasn't in the sticks I'd go with the gsm model and forget the 3g

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2016 03:56 PM
    The version on BlackBerry PRIV | The Worlds First Android OS BlackBerry is not the Verizon version and is not compatible. Verizon won't price match phones that aren't their version of the device.
    06-16-2016 04:30 PM
    The version on BlackBerry PRIV | The Worlds First Android OS BlackBerry is not the Verizon version and is not compatible. Verizon won't price match phones that aren't their version of the device.
    No kidding, but giving their social media followers notification that there is a much lower cost model available might cause them to not want the reputation for having a nearly $200 price gouge on the Priv. I'm not even trying to suggest that they price match amazon or eBay, they should have a price comparable to BlackBerry, maybe not the fully discounted price but at least the manufacturer suggested price.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2016 04:42 PM
    I'm saying they're two different phones. Blackberry doesn't sell the Verizon version direct. The Verizon version isn't gouging, it's just not on the same sale as a different phone - the GSM unlocked version. The $720 vs $649 is pricing on two different phones with subtly different hardware/software - although I have no way of knowing if the $69 price difference is warranted. IMO the Priv is already about $350 over what it ought to be priced at to be competitive.

Of course there's nothing wrong with bringing it up to Verizon and asking them to, they just don't have a reason to other than "it might make people happy". Which isn't really a Verizon theme...
    06-16-2016 04:51 PM