FB hub notifcations

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook ...and lost the settings I had for notifications. I am trying to get FB to not show on the Hub (example attached).

Previously, I used this info. to stop it http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/5.1/help/tom1428420728511.html
Which was to Block. However, that is no longer working. I have everything shut off, for FB on all settings. And blocked. But it is till there.

Would anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160809-102816.resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20160809-102816.resized.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 42

ajwan

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Simple. Swipe left to show your accounts, go to Settings>Views (Blackberry Hub) and then check/or uncheck all the accounts you want to see or not. The thing top remember is that with your phone having both FB and Hub apps installed, Hub will collect all messages pertaining to FB. Although Hub will still collect the notifications (whether you have it show a notification or not), you can choose to have Hub not show that account in the main display window.

Have fun!

Cheers.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I just did that & hopefully it works. I do have it turned off on the Hub.

If the Hub is still gathering up FB notifications, even if they don't show... won't that make the phone not work well? I guess once in a while you would have to switch it on, "Delete Prior", and put it away, again. ?

Thanks

ajwan

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I can't quite comment on that. But because the Hub is such a crucial piece of application, it's probably running in the background anyways. So I doubt picking up FB notifications and not showing it makes any difference. BTW, are the FB notifications still showing now? They shouldn't be anymore.

Cheers.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't see this post. Yes, they still show. Which is fine. And the Vib on FB won't turn off. Not sure where to set it to turn off but I have tried every suggested I have received. And Peeking and Block are are off.

Everything is fine but the VIB!! I don't use vib at all. Very irritating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech