I got my BlackBerry Priv

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I gotten my BlackBerry Priv on Friday so far I like it. I had the Blackberry pearl a while back a blackberry bold then a blackberry Z30 which was my favorite phone. Coming from a IPhone SE with t-mobile got sick and tired of the iPhone and apple giving me a hard time even though I paid $99 for insurance shaking my head but anyway it feels good to return back to android. I might get the Blackberry KEYone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase! So glad you are liking your Priv! It is a fantastic device! I've heard good things about the KEYone. I too have had BlackBerry phones in the past - the Bold 9780 and the BlackBerry Q10, both of which were amazing - and I miss them a lot from time to time.

What's your favourite thing about the Priv thus far?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yey! 😃 Congratulations on your new Blackberry Priv @Nakia Johnson1

The Z30 was my favourite when it launched. Massive battery and a OLED display. Good to hear you are enjoying it so far, I've been using my Priv for just under 3 months now and it's been great. Normally get around 6 hours SOT which I'm happy with.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help where I can.

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase! So glad you are liking your Priv! It is a fantastic device! I've heard good things about the KEYone. I too have had BlackBerry phones in the past - the Bold 9780 and the BlackBerry Q10, both of which were amazing - and I miss them a lot from time to time.

I like how I can scroll up and down using the key pad that is my favorite feature on the priv

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I like how I can scroll up and down using the key pad that is my favorite feature on the priv

I'm not sure if you know all the features that come with the keyboard but if you are typing a message, just swipe from right to left on the keyboard and it will delete the last word you typed. :)

You can also use it for swipe typing, so just moving your finger from the letter 'A' to the letter 'T' will type the word 'At' for you. Obviously keeping your finger touching the keyboard at all times. You have to enable that in the settings, but its there.

You can also double tap anywhere on the keyboard to start using it as a touch pad for navigating through your message while typing. Literally use these things every single day and always puts a smile on my face :)

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered a Priv and I hope I'm as pleased as you. Verizon versions are almost impossible to find. Had to go for a dual SIM international version. I hope this will work for VZW. I'm hearing conflicting stories.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Priv and I hope I'm as pleased as you. Verizon versions are almost impossible to find. Had to go for a dual SIM international version. I hope this will work for VZW. I'm hearing conflicting stories.

Congratulations on your purchase! 😃

If the model you purchased was the 'STV100-2' then you should be good to go. That one is designed for Verizon and various other carriers. If you have another model don't fret. You might still be able to use a LTE band. (GSM vs cdma).

Using a GSM device like the 'STV100-1' on a cdma network is always difficult. Hopefully it works for you.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Unless it's branded Verizon I'm not so sure they are going to allow it. Seems I read a thread on here about that but my memory is bad at times.

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

My favorite thing about the Priv is the slide up keyboard

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if you know all the features that come with the keyboard but if you are typing a message, just swipe from right to left on the keyboard and it will delete the last word you typed. :)

You can also use it for swipe typing, so just moving your finger from the letter 'A' to the letter 'T' will type the word 'At' for you. Obviously keeping your finger touching the keyboard at all times. You have to enable that in the settings, but its there.

You can also double tap anywhere on the keyboard to start using it as a touch pad for navigating through your message while typing. Literally use these things every single day and always puts a smile on my face :)

I'm sure of how to work it lol but thank for the tips anyway

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For fun I downloaded an app called Slider. I then selected a light Saber sound for open and one for close. It gets people's attentions when I open and close my Priv. Note: this is not appropriate for work, but it is easy to silence.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
For fun I downloaded an app called Slider. I then selected a light Saber sound for open and one for close. It gets people's attentions when I open and close my Priv. Note: this is not appropriate for work, but it is easy to silence.

That's so cool! I remember about a year ago, a friend of mine downloaded a similar App but it made a light sabre sound when you move the phone quickly. (As if you were in a fencing match) 😃

So many nice ideas out there.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Finally received my Priv today. STV100-2. Tried to add it to my Verizon account but no dice. They say it's not compatible. Well, I had an active VWZ nano sim card so I put it over into the Priv, powered it up and BOOM. Rocking my new Priv on VZW even when they said it couldn't happen. This phone is the bomb. So good to be back on BB Hub and BBM again!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Finally received my Priv today. STV100-2. Tried to add it to my Verizon account but no dice. They say it's not compatible. Well, I had an active VWZ nano sim card so I put it over into the Priv, powered it up and BOOM. Rocking my new Priv on VZW even when they said it couldn't happen. This phone is the bomb. So good to be back on BB Hub and BBM again!

The STV100-2 is designed for their network Haha. Maybe it's because they don't support the phone anymore and that's why it's not showing up and not because the phone won't work on their network. 😃

Anyway good to hear all is working. Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie