I just got the PRIV!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I just received my BlackBerry PRIV in today. Wow this device is awesome. There is a lot to take in too. I'm still setting it up. Anyone have any advice or feedback on the device that is helpful, please shoot them my way! I'm trying to figure out how to add Instagram to my hub. Anyone know? Love the screen size and the feel. Also love the looks of it. Should be a good device to watch movies on too.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi @Dconn1975

For the current price, its hard to overlook the priv. As a former owner myself, I really enjoyed my time with it. Beyond the gmail/exchange set up, everything else is done through the respective apps and then it gets added to the HUB. IE, if you log into slack, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Hangouts, etc...it should say that account has been added to the HUB in the notification shade. From there, you can tweak further order, alerts, colors, and the usual bevy of BB options.

I highly recommend the keyboard shortcuts. One of my favorite parts of the device! Just long or shortpress on a key and assign an app!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi @Dconn1975

For the current price, its hard to overlook the priv. As a former owner myself, I really enjoyed my time with it. Beyond the gmail/exchange set up, everything else is done through the respective apps and then it gets added to the HUB. IE, if you log into slack, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Hangouts, etc...it should say that account has been added to the HUB in the notification shade. From there, you can tweak further order, alerts, colors, and the usual bevy of BB options.

I highly recommend the keyboard shortcuts. One of my favorite parts of the device! Just long or shortpress on a key and assign an app!
What are you using now? Did you get tired of it? Thank you for the heads up and info on adding the accounts. I wasn't sure how you added them to the hub. So far I like it. The keyboard doesn't feel like my old blackberry devices I was addicted to though. That kind of bothers me because the physical keyboard was the main attraction for me.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm down to an iPhone 7 right now. Was in the process of buying a home so wanted to dump anything that wasn't a primary device (so the Priv got sent packing). I did not get bored of it all. The 6.0 update made a tremendous performance difference! The 808 is still a little sluggish, but it all depends on use case. I used a BB for many years and picked the priv because the primary functions I use are texts, calls, emails. I'm not a big mobile gamer, or app heavy user. For that, I can't recommend a more solid device.

They keyboard takes some time getting used to. The classic was my go to BB10 device and I fell in love with that keyboard. To train myself on the priv I just mixed virtual with physical. If I had a short text or email i'd use the PKB. For longer stuff, the VKB. But the more I worked in the PKB the muscle memory got better and better (and how to hold it for maximum speed).

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I was addicted to blackberry for many years. I'm 41 so I was right in the middle of Blackberrys market height. In fact I didn't switch over from blackberry to Apple until well after the release of the iPhone 5. I only did that because my last BlackBerry bricked on me. Right now I'm using the pkb one handed mode but I need to be two handing it.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I too just got my Priv 2 days ago. I was wanting the Keyone but since there's no Verizon version coming for a couple more months at least, I decided to go with the Priv. I was a Crackberry freak myself. I missed BBM and BB hub. Just downsized from Nexus 6 running Nougat. The 6.0 on the Priv does all I need it to do.
I love the size and it's half the weight of the N6.i love the Priv. It's a great phone and one I'll keep for along time.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I too just got my Priv 2 days ago. I was wanting the Keyone but since there's no Verizon version coming for a couple more months at least, I decided to go with the Priv. I was a Crackberry freak myself. I missed BBM and BB hub. Just downsized from Nexus 6 running Nougat. The 6.0 on the Priv does all I need it to do.
I love the size and it's half the weight of the N6.i love the Priv. It's a great phone and one I'll keep for along time.
How do you like the physical keyboard? It's starting to come back to me but I just got my priv today. I'm sure in a week I'll be my old physical keyboard self again who at one time could type on it with my eyes closed and I mean that seriously lol.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it's like riding a bike. If you've been off it a while your rusty and wobble all over the place.
I'm getting my touch back slowly but surely. I used to travel for work so for years my BB 7290 was my lifeline. When my company dumped BB in favor of iPhone I was lost in the high weeds. Glad to be back on a physical keyboard again.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it's like riding a bike. If you've been off it a while your rusty and wobble all over the place.
I'm getting my touch back slowly but surely. I used to travel for work so for years my BB 7290 was my lifeline. When my company dumped BB in favor of iPhone I was lost in the high weeds. Glad to be back on a physical keyboard again.
I know what you mean. I have found myself since I got the PRIV splitting keyboards about 50/50 time. Out of habit like now I type on the virtual keyboard. I have to make myself aware that I now have the physical keyboard which really does free up a ton of Web space

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I know what you mean. I have found myself since I got the PRIV splitting keyboards about 50/50 time. Out of habit like now I type on the virtual keyboard. I have to make myself aware that I now have the physical keyboard which really does free up a ton of Web space

The challenge with the VKB is that it is really good. BlackBerry did a great job with it. I have the Priv, owned the Classic, Bold and Q10, and am a heavy PKB user. It takes a bit of time but the PKB on the Priv is now second nature to me. I did order the K1 and it should be arriving Sunday. I love the candy bar style, and am looking forward to the longer battery life and better camera. But the Priv is a great device and I will be holding on to for a back up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38