Pin required to start Blackberry Priv Adroid

A

AC Question

My Blackberry Priv is brand new, and yet requires a PIN to unlock the device. I do not have any idea what PIN requires, since I have not inserted e SIM card yet.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Was this priv purchased new, or through a 3rd party source? If this was on initial boot there might be some further issues here.

Let me know and i'll see how I can help.

Thanks!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The old (20th century) default PINs were the last 4 digits of the phone number, 0000 or 1111, in that order. Someone may have set the PIN before you bought it. (That's a good reason to bring it back and request a replacement, though, if you bought it new - if someone set a PIN, it's used [even if for only a minute or two].)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
My Blackberry Priv is brand new, and yet requires a PIN to unlock the device. I do not have any idea what PIN requires, since I have not inserted e SIM card yet.

Welcome To AndroidCentral! Hopefully we can get you sorted.

Did you go through a set up process when you first booted up the phone?
It normally starts with a welcome screen. You can say "Skip" for the PIN/Password/Pattern lock code section.

If the phone is brand new, it shouldn't require a password to boot up the phone if its new.

You can, reload the software on the phone is you want. That will get rid of the password needed. :)

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay