Where is the November security patch?

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Is there a November security patch? BB was very late with October and it included the KRACK fix. Did BB decide to skip November?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there a November security patch? BB was very late with October and it included the KRACK fix. Did BB decide to skip November?

The November 6th update is coming. 😃 You are not the only one wondering where it is. The Oct & now Nov updates have definitely been much later than normal.

I'm sure Blackberry will do everything they can to ensure at least all Shop.Blackberry devices get the month's patch. It wouldn't look good for a software & security company to miss a security update. 😃

Hopefully today (Friday) or at the latest Thursday next week. I do miss getting the patches on the 7th of the month.

OriginalLucy

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess the Nov security patch will come in December. As long as DTEK app catches things, I won't get too worried that they may have given up on us.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I guess the Nov security patch will come in December. As long as DTEK app catches things, I won't get too worried that they may have given up on us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it's safe to say that if we get no update in December that updates for the Priv are done (OS or Security Patches)

The Priv is 2 years old at this point so maybe 2 years of security updates was the cut off point. Who knows. I just hope we get a official message from Blackberry or Alex Thurber if the updates are done. We (the customers) always get left in the dark.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will still get the Dec 5th update this month. Even if it's just before the end of the month. 😃

Going to start feeling like a BB10 customer again, with cobwebs on that "check for update" button lol.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe BlackBerry combined October and November security patches. I know the last one was delayed in order to include the Krack patch.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Some how I doubt it.....

I'm not expecting a $200 discount on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ or Motion but a $100 discount is possible and definitely better than nothing. Especially if people are trading in a Priv or DTEK50.

I'm sure Blackberry Mobile want as many Priv, DTEK50 & DTEK60 owners to get Motions or KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices. 😃

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I've moved on from Blackberry (for now)... liking the S8+ though....

The Galaxy S8+ is certainly a fantastic device. From design, to processing power to even the camera optics. It does a really good job. I've seen a lot of positive reviews about it 😃 Just spending $800+ on device is a little high for most.

Hope you enjoy it (if you buy)

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S8+ is certainly a fantastic device. From design, to processing power to even the camera optics. It does a really good job. I've seen a lot of positive reviews about it Just spending $800+ on device is a little high for most.

Hope you enjoy it (if you buy)
I moved from the Priv to the OnePlus 5t. I went big, got the 8gb of RAM 128gb storage version. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Amazed at how fast this device is, even when downloading and installing app updates from the Play Store.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I moved from the Priv to the OnePlus 5t. I went big, got the 8gb of RAM 128gb storage version. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Amazed at how fast this device is, even when downloading and installing app updates from the Play Store.

Awesome! The OnePlus 5T is certainly a great device. The Snapdragon 835 is a powerhouse. :) So many god reviews about it. I also love its thin bezels. Just makes it look so nice. Im definitely on the lookout for a replacement for my Priv but before i purchase anything I'm waiting to see what BBMobile has planned for this year.