My Blackberry Priv is Dying - Another Android Smarthone Comparable???

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Blackberry Priv is dying and I think it is time to switch to another smartphone brand. Which one is comparable to the layout of the Blackberry? I am kind of leaning toward the Motorola.

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I have just gone from Priv to Samsung Galaxy S9+. I put the BlackBerry launcher, calendar. contacts and other apps that have for non-blackberry phones on it. The S9+ is a VERY BIG performance improvement over the Priv which had slowed way down. I miss the BlackBerry predictive typing and excellent phone/speakerphone of the Priv and other real BlackBerry phones. My understanding is that the S9 security is very close to that of BlackBerry phones that are not on enterprise management servers. Otherwise the S9+ is really 3 generations beyond the Priv.

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I found that cobalt, the developer that kept android working on BlackBerry 10, has made the BlackBerry keyboard available. I installed it and it works fine. just like a real BlackBerry.

search for cobalt.blackberrymanager.apk

You have to allow some security exceptions to get it to install.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Blackberry Priv is dying and I think it is time to switch to another smartphone brand. Which one is comparable to the layout of the Blackberry? I am kind of leaning toward the Motorola.
I would suggest you check out a phone from OnePlus. I have the 5T and it is amazingly fast and can handle all I throw at it and then some. I have Hub on it as well as the BlackBerry keyboard. The price was hundreds below the Samsung.

Shortly the OnePlus 6 will be released so look for it. Sadly the 5T is out of stock in the USA and many other areas. If you are on a CDMA network, then you are out of luck. The OnePlus phones are all unlocked and work on GSM only.

Last edited: