BlackBerry Priv in 2018??

Matthew Stegman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Im just curious who's all using the priv still? I've loved the keyboard on this phone since day 1 and I'm currently using it as my daily driver!

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Im just curious who's all using the priv still? I've loved the keyboard on this phone since day 1 and I'm currently using it as my daily driver!

I'm still using mine daily. Broke the screen on my pre-order Priv and picked up a 2nd cheap. Really hoping for another slider from Blackberry.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've still using mine for about 2 years now. I still love using it.
Every once in a while I pick up my old Priv. It was a great device, but it suffers in smoothness and speed as to be expected when comparing it to my new device. More ram and much better processor tend to do help performance along with great optimization makes my 5T my go to device.

Even with all that, I do believe there is a place for a Priv styled slider, but it must not be plagued with the issues the Priv had if it is to be successful.

merlin29

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Still using my Priv occasionally in 2018, it works ok not had any overheating and battery life lasts a day, I do watch some videos on it as the screen is very good, but as BB10 still works for me daily phone is a Leap.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
PRIV is OK in 2018 if you already own it. Don't spend money on it now. Apply towards the Motion or KEYone if you want BBAndroid now and you're planning to use as primary device.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
i tried to keep using mine at work on wifi to run the xm app, but it keeps crashing. then i tried to use it to watch the masters using the masters app and i could barely get it to load. the last at&t update stopped at android version 6.0.1 and security patch 10/5/17. i was always a blackberry fan and tried to keep giving them a chance by buying the priv, but it just wasn't the same. i gave up on it a little over a year (about the time it stopped getting updates) and switched to a gs7 and now the gs9

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Priv looked like - and still is - a gorgeous phone. I'd understand why people would be using it in 2018. Though my Pixel 2 keyboard is great, ever since I've switched over to Android, I've always missed my BlackBerry keyboard! (Be it my Bold 9780 or my Q10.)

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The Priv looked like - and still is - a gorgeous phone. I'd understand why people would be using it in 2018. Though my Pixel 2 keyboard is great, ever since I've switched over to Android, I've always missed my BlackBerry keyboard! (Be it my Bold 9780 or my Q10.)
This was the reason I got the KEYone. I've been much happier with the KEYone than PRIV.

hoytbowhunter

Trusted Member
May 8, 2016
Visit site
That's awesome! Please show us a screenshot of your setup!
So True! If you'll use Nova Launcher and Disable the BlackBerry Hub Suite the Priv runs so well.. But I also agree with what you are thinking right now ( yeah you)... what's the point in owning a BlackBerry if you Disable the main BlackBerry Features..

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love my priv but it's dying 🙁

Can't figure out what to get, next. I am waiting to win a Motion or KEYone from fan league. Then I will forgive BlackBerry for selling me this thing 😂

I do love their code named Ghost Pro! Wish I could get that.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm still carrying my Priv. It's my daily driver. I love the phone.
I'll carry it until it dies. All my friends and family are always making fun of it because it's not an iPhone. I've had iPhones I hate them.
I've been a Blackberry fan from day one. Still have my old Curve as a souvenir!

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm still carrying my Priv. It's my daily driver. I love the phone.
I'll carry it until it dies. All my friends and family are always making fun of it because it's not an iPhone. I've had iPhones I hate them.
I've been a Blackberry fan from day one. Still have my old Curve as a souvenir!

Ready for the KEYtwo yet? Should be announced soon.

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
had to put mine on backup status about 3 weeks ago. it just wasn't behaving in a way I could trust. if Verizon ever picks up another BlackBerry pkb phone, I'll be very tempted. better yet if it's a priv like slider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae