I have just bought a case for my Blackberry priv, but when I have it in the case it will not turn on. Does anybody know the answer to this please.
    10-30-2019 08:23 AM
    What case did you purchase?
    10-30-2019 08:52 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-30-2019 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, can you confirm that the case was actually designed specifically for the Priv, or is it a universal case? Second, are you saying that when you press the Power button, nothing happens? Is there a cutout for the Power button, or does the case cover the Power button?
    10-30-2019 01:03 PM
    Thank you Mustang for your joining information.
    Answer to Biddys feedback is as follows.
    1:It is not a Blackberry product it is after market but specific to the Priv.
    2:When I put the mobile into the case the mobile turns off and will not switch back on till mobile is removed from case.
    3:The case does NOT cover the power button.
    It appears that the magnetic closer of the case is interfering with the mobile and causing it to turn off.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-09-2019 09:43 AM
    Thank you Mustang for your joining information.
    Answer to Biddys feedback is as follows.
    1:It is not a Blackberry product it is after market but specific to the Priv.
    2:When I put the mobile into the case the mobile turns off and will not switch back on till mobile is removed from case.
    3:The case does NOT cover the power button.
    It appears that the magnetic closer of the case is interfering with the mobile and causing it to turn off.
    Welcome to the Forums!
    It's possible that case is causing issue , I remember a forum where the user had a flip type case interfere with spen function because the metal that closes it
    11-09-2019 11:26 AM
    Yeah, that sounds like the problem. Many phones that have a smartcover feature use magnetic sensors in the bezel to detect if the smartcover is open or closed (since there's typically a small magnet embedded in the cover). If there's any other magnet near that sensor, that will make the phone think your smartcover is closed and turn off the screen.
    11-09-2019 01:52 PM