Just pre-ordered the Droid Incredible - goodbye, BlackBerry?

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the Droid Incredible - goodbye, BlackBerry - :( and :)

Hey everyone! This is my first post.

I've owned the BlackBerry Storm since the first day it was released, and as much as I love my phone, I'm ready for a change. It took a phone like the Droid Incredible to drag me away; saying goodbye to my BlackBerry next Thursday will be akin to saying goodbye to an old car, but I think it's time.

I've been an avid participant over at sister site CrackBerry for quite a while now. Am I correct in saying that Android Central is the #1 forum for Droid users? I did a Google search and found 20+ on the first page. I just want to make sure I'm on the most active, most informed board, because I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions for everybody when my Droid Incredible comes next Thursday.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I've owned the BlackBerry Storm since the first day it was released, and as much as I love my phone, I'm ready for a change. It took a phone like the Droid Incredible to drag me away; saying goodbye to my BlackBerry next Thursday will be akin to saying goodbye to an old car, but I think it's time.

I've been an avid participant over at sister site CrackBerry for quite a while now. Am I correct in saying that Android Central is the #1 forum for Droid users? I did a Google search and found 20+ on the first page. I just want to make sure I'm on the most active, most informed board, because I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions for everybody when my Droid Incredible comes next Thursday.

Thanks!

Welcome and yes this is without a doubt the #1 forum! But I am slightly biased :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its the community that makes this site. You'll see useless information in the blog. If you have a question, there are plenty knowledgeable people here to help you out... many (and I mean MANY) come from Blackberries (they rule the smartphone market).

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! So, on CrackBerry, there's a section for apps.

Where does one generally go to browse through Droid apps?

Are there Droid apps exclusive to specific phone models? Or are all Droid apps interchangeable, as long as it's running the same HT Sense OS?

Boy, I hope that made sense.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I'll be joining the club soon too - trading in the old Tour for an Evo :D

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious -- will my BlackBerry Storm accessories be compatible with my Droid Incredible? I understand that both take Micro USB. I already have a USB data/charging cable, home charger, and vehicle charger for my Storm. If I don't have to replace them, I would prefer not to. Anyone know?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I'm also curious -- will my BlackBerry Storm accessories be compatible with my Droid Incredible? I understand that both take Micro USB. I already have a USB data/charging cable, home charger, and vehicle charger for my Storm. If I don't have to replace them, I would prefer not to. Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it could work, I don't know about it being the best option (voltages) but, you could always try. Be the first to let us know ;)

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm also ditching my Storm 9530 for this phone and I couldn't be happier to do so. I'll miss crackberry but I think I'll be just fine getting my android fix here.
The 29th can't get here fast enough

wild style

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Another soon to be BlackBerry transplant! Coming from 2 solid years with a Curve 8330. Very excited about the Droid Incredible and Android in general. A little wary about going full touch screen, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

wild style

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've been eligible for a NE2 upgrade since February. I was actually waiting for the Tour 2 aka Bold to release but it kept getting pushed back. At the time, I was pissed that it was being delayed for so long, but in retrospect I suppose it was a good thing. It made me realize how behind BlackBerry truly is in this smart phone game. Very excited about the Incredible and making the switch over. Hello Android! :)

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a few questions... I will be coming from a RIMjob sh?tStorm also and can't tell you how relieved I am to be getting away from it.

I switched from an original iPhone (couldn't stand AT&T service where I live) and I bought it when it first came out. I am on replacement #4 (now a RIMjob sh?tStorm 2) and it basically is WORSE than the original one because they put all the buttons on the bottom of the screen instead of having them separate so it sends messages and activates the phone, does all kinds of other stuff when you don't want it to while you're typing. It's awesome.

I've been with a BlackBerry for years, before my iPhone... Anyway, here are my questions:

1. INBOX - on the BB, you have a unified Inbox of messages, emails, etc... is this the same on Android? If not, any BB users out there can speak to this? Is there a way to unify all inboxes?

2. EMAIL - I have a Yahoo!™ account, it's a personal one, and a google apps account for my gmail... am I able to receive mail for both of these accounts?

2a. Yahoo! was pushed on the iPhone, is it pushed on Android?

2b. GMail was not pushed on the iPhone at the time I had it so I had to manually check my mail every few minutes or so because my iPhone would not fetch it otherwise. Is it pushed on Android?

2c. How many email accounts are you allowed to have?

3. Keyboard - the RIMjob sh?tStorm keyboards are deplorable, to say the least, but I have found the most success using the SureType™ keyboard. Question: how is the soft keyboard on the Incredible?? Would it at least be better than the iPhone keyboard?

4. Battery Life - the original RIMjob sh?tStorm got me through a day without issue. I check email and messages when I get them and make a few calls per day. The RIMjob sh?tStorm 2 makes it about 6 hours before needing a charge. For the above described usage, what kind of battery life can one expect?

4b. Do Android phones have extended batteries with greater capacities like BB offers?

5. Armor - can this phone be covered in Phantom Skinz or Ghost Armor?

Finally, for those of you who have handled this phone, how is the PHONE CALL quality? I am going to assume that because it is on Big Red that it won't drop calls every other second like my iPhone did on their network...

Thanks so much for the responses in advance and although I will miss the CB forums, I will no miss RIMjob and their complete contempt for their customers.

96accord#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've been eligible for a NE2 upgrade since February. I was actually waiting for the Tour 2 aka Bold to release but it kept getting pushed back. At the time, I was pissed that it was being delayed for so long, but in retrospect I suppose it was a good thing. It made me realize how behind BlackBerry truly is in this smart phone game. Very excited about the Incredible and making the switch over. Hello Android! :)

Yes I agree... I have the Tour and am getting tired of it. I've only owned a blackberry since May 2009. I bought the Curve 8330 which was a POS and couldn't get rid of it so I bought the Tour 9630 used from my cousin and this phone is WAY better than the Curve but I still hate it...

Can't upgrade yet either :(

I have no options but deal with the Tour or pay full-price for a Droid :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463