Reasons why Blackberry is Better than IOS or Android?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, BlackBerry 10 OS is less than three months old and it's still in its infancy stage. You can't expect an operating system to have a zillion apps when its that new. Android is going to turn four in some months, iOS is way older. BlackBerry 10 OS already has more than one hundred thousand apps which is an outstanding number for such a new device.
Its unfair to treat BlackBerry 10 OS as inferior because its so new. Android hardly had any apps and LED customization and when it was new.
Yes I agree that BlackBerry 10's notification LED isn't as customizable as it was in BlackBerry 7 OS but hopefully they'll update that. The user interface and OS of BlackBerry 10 is beautiful.
Apps will come, its way to early to judge BlackBerry 10 OS on the basis of app availability.
Seriously think about it, its barely three months old and it already has more than 1/7th the apps on the Play Store.

Still, I can't use a system that doesn't have my favourite apps.
I will be keeping an eye out on it though.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you think of a real world example of the z10's multitasking advantage? Where would I notice the advantage versus android?

The cards update themselves in the background (provided they're BlackBerry Apps) which is nice.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That would make more sense, btw did your dad get the lumina phone?
So now that I'm on the computer, I can give you tell you about my brief experience with the OS from the Lumina 900.

Overall, it's not too bad, the phone itself is pretty quick with booting up everything, some of the way things are done on the Windows OS takes a slight getting used to but honestly I knew how to do everything to set it up for my dad after my experience with Android and mobile's in general. Let me tell you though, setting up my dad's email was a pain in my anus (mostly cause he uses the email that comes with our cable provider so we had to call them for certain info), but I assume if he had Gmail it would have been quick and easy. App selection is crap though, I mean I found more apps for BB10 than I did for this phone and they don't even have the "newly released" excuse so I found that pathetic but people looking for different apps than me may fare better. The whole "tile" thing the homescreen uses is easy enough to use, pretty similar to the icon system used on Android.

Basically, the OS is fine for your basic needs, it has little lag but I found it so bland looking and the menus were so boring to look through that I was relieved when I was finally finished setting everyone up and could abandon it with my dad. Plus if you want good app selection than I would seriously rather turn a BB10 before I would turn to a Windows phone.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So now that I'm on the computer, I can give you tell you about my brief experience with the OS from the Lumina 900.

Overall, it's not too bad, the phone itself is pretty quick with booting up everything, some of the way things are done on the Windows OS takes a slight getting used to but honestly I knew how to do everything to set it up for my dad after my experience with Android and mobile's in general. Let me tell you though, setting up my dad's email was a pain in my anus (mostly cause he uses the email that comes with our cable provider so we had to call them for certain info), but I assume if he had Gmail it would have been quick and easy. App selection is crap though, I mean I found more apps for BB10 than I did for this phone and they don't even have the "newly released" excuse so I found that pathetic but people looking for different apps than me may fare better. The whole "tile" thing the homescreen uses is easy enough to use, pretty similar to the icon system used on Android.

Basically, the OS is fine for your basic needs, it has little lag but I found it so bland looking and the menus were so boring to look through that I was relieved when I was finally finished setting everyone up and could abandon it with my dad. Plus if you want good app selection than I would seriously rather turn a BB10 before I would turn to a Windows phone.
That does NOT sound good, my schools IT manager is a MS fanboy and he said it was awesome, Shouldn't have listened to him.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing bb has on android and ios is security encryption. After that unless they get a nice app store and continue improving their os and phone specs, they've got nothing on android, on ios that's debatable.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't care about the apps too much since I'd still have my Android as my main phone, but I wanna try out the new OS and the new features.

Speaking as a former Android user...

I really like the z10. A lot. I was able to side load the apps I can't go without (Netflix, instagram, flip board, stumble upon to name a few). The battery life was bad the first few charge cycles but now I easily make it through the day. My test was if I could use it as my daily driver and not be tempted to pick up my iPhone or galaxy s 3. After 5 days without even a little temptation to turn on my gs3, I sold it. I kept my iPhone as a backup phone/ipod.

I started on smartphones with a BlackBerry. A pearl 8130. Then went 8330, 9530, palm pre, Palm Pixi Plus, Galaxy i9000m, HTC Desire z, back to the vibrant, iPhone 4, BlackBerry 9900, GS3, and now z10. I've always had a soft spot for BlackBerry. When I had the 9900 I only made it a day before my simcard was back in my iPhone. I'm not even remotely missing my gs3. As far as specs, the z10 was practically a lateral move from the gs3. The gs3 was laggier on touchwiz, and when rooted was okay but no faster than I'm finding the z10.

BlackBerry has made a solid, solid phone and the OS is outstanding (if a little webos like, but for me that's a good thing as I adored my Pre and still like firing up the Pixi) . When I was wiping the gs3 for sale,sale, I kept trying to gesture and get to the hub. Lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
My test was if I could use it as my daily driver

Cool, for me it didn't cut it even with sideloading especially with the Notifications.
Hopefully when more Apps come & BlackBerry updates / opens the OS I'll be able to try again. Until then I only use it for BBM.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The only thing bb has on android and ios is security encryption. After that unless they get a nice app store and continue improving their os and phone specs, they've got nothing on android, on ios that's debatable.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
They have nothing on iOS either.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool, for me it didn't cut it even with sideloading especially with the Notifications.
Hopefully when more Apps come & BlackBerry updates / opens the OS I'll be able to try again. Until then I only use it for BBM.

I miss BBM so much actually.

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the blackberry pearl in 2008. I didn't like it much. The only thing I liked was the email and to a lesser extent the BBM. The Internet was so slow it wasn't worth using and apart from the push email I couldn't really see what was good about the phone. To be fair at the time I actually wanted to get the iPhone 3G, however my friend had the blackberry curve and talked me into getting the pearl. He told me it was a really good phone and would be just as good as the iPhone. I kept it for a year and then switched to the iPhone. I know some people swear by blackberry's. I have a friend who still uses them now. On his last upgrade he got the s3 after a lot of pressure from his friends. However he is still using his old blackberry and the s3 is sitting in the box!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig