The poor souls on the Storm Crackberry page

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown is not better than BB email. You can't hit links in touchdown, it downloads everyone's ridiculous email signature icons to your phone (and they show up in your photos app), and it does nothing to fix Android's lack of .wav support.

And it costs $20.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, to me it is.

I can't hit links in BB (because our corporate email is not set up to allow it). On the other hand links in Touchdown work perfectly (I just hit one now in fact).

I have no ones signatures in my photo app, and we do have graphical signatures.

And who cares about .wav files anyway?

The $20 cost is nothing for what you get.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I owned a Storm 1, and was on Crackberry all the time looking for ways to make the Storm work better. Now that I have my Incredible, I actually have more time to do other things other than waiting for OS updates and hybrids. The Incredible is a hundred times better than the Storm. Funny thing, I have noticed many ex-Crackheads here on AC.

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, to me it is.

I can't hit links in BB (because our corporate email is not set up to allow it). On the other hand links in Touchdown work perfectly (I just hit one now in fact).

not sure why it works for you on touchdown but not on BES... it is the opposite for me

I have no ones signatures in my photo app, and we do have graphical signatures.

I have to clean mine out like every day...

And who cares about .wav files anyway?

I get my corporate voicemail sent to me as wav files

The $20 cost is nothing for what you get.

The HTC main mail app was fine until my firm decided that touchdown was required. The $20 actually gives you nothing over the native apps except a new graphical display.

firemanjoe

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with everyone, I had the Storm 1, then Storm 2. Constant battery pulls, shutting down everything, so that it would barely run, and then they release a OS update, and some things on the phone get worse? How does that happen. I have had my Dinc 5 days and I don't miss my Storm 2 at all!! Best part is I traded my Storm 2 & $50 for a 1 week old Dinc!! How amazing is that??

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I owned a Storm 1, and was on Crackberry all the time looking for ways to make the Storm work better. Now that I have my Incredible, I actually have more time to do other things other than waiting for OS updates and hybrids. The Incredible is a hundred times better than the Storm. Funny thing, I have noticed many ex-Crackheads here on AC.

It really is good to see the ex-Crackheads here!

...and yes, there was nothing less exciting than waiting for a leaked, buggy update or hybrid.

Seems totally ridiculous now...
but then again... anyone have a leaked copy of 2.2????:rolleyes:

JoeC44

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

HAHA! I'm an ex-Crackberry addict that would constantly look for ways to make the phone better, make the screen click like its supposed to, or SOMETHING to keep me from throwing the storm into the sewer. I spend all my time on AC now instead of CB, and I don't even own an android phone!! What does that say about BlackBerry???

Jascias

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I owned the Storm. I really had high hopes for it. But the constant battery pulls and leaks that fixed one thing but broke another, wore me down.

What else if funny is I'm the originator of the Torx Fix, which anybody that owns the storm 1 is sure to know. Looking back on it now, even tho the fix helped a lot of users from returning their phones, it cushioned rim from having to fix their crappy phone.

clevcavs4586

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you guys. I'm currently a storm 1 owner and jumped all over the verizon deal to upgrade early. I couldn't wait until december. should be seeing my new incredible in a few weeks.

PEDroid

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I ditched my storm1 two months ago for the inc and I'm just now getting over my PTSD. What a nightmare of a phone! It took me like 2.1 seconds to pull the trigger on the inc...figured it couldn't be any worse. Turns out its light years ahead of the storm and getting better every day! Thanks HTC/verizon!

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I too am a former crackberry addict. i hear the Dinc touch screen works better if you fold a business card in half and place it behind the battery....oh that was my storm.

Yeah the torx fix and card behind the battery. Used 'em both, thanks....
What in the world were we thinking???? hahahaha!

I had to pull the battery every time I put that phone in a front shirt pocket, for some reason.
Stupid stuff!

bandroid

Jun 15, 2010
www.twitter.com
i do wish i would have sent in my BB storm several times and gotten the storm 2 like i should have, but i was too lazy. it looked like it was way better than the storm 1 when isaw it at the vzw store.

but the browser was still just so bad.

one thing i love about android is how amazing the stock browsere and dolphin hd work, amazingly fast, wifi rocks, vzw was so retarded not putting wifi on the storm, it only puts more load on their network duh!

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's denial. I loved my BB, but only because I had to. A stellar keyboard and email experience can only get you so far... Maybe OS6 will bring them out of the digital stone age. In all honesty, they need a Windows Mobile type reboot.

OS 6 looks just like OS5 from the preview I saw, just better graphics.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an Android forum and that everyone just loooooooooves to bash on other platforms (and I know that is not Android-user specific), but I'm going to need to step in and play the role of the BlackBerry supporter here...

Without getting into a long debate, there are still plenty of things that BlackBerries can do that blow Android's similar functionality out of the water. Yes, there are many many things that the Android OS does better but that still doesn't change it. Want a specific example? The enterprise environment. RIM originally catered their product and all their business objectives towards the business/enterprise environment. And to this day, there is no one that is even in the same league with them on it. In fact, most Android devices to this day are blacklisted from being able to connect to corporate Exchange environments due to the lack of available security methods (thankfully Froyo's enhanced security has helped that but it still isn't anywhere near RIM).

What RIM has designed their devices to do, they do extremely well. And yes, they are missing a ton of things that tech geeks like myself have come to know and love on their advanced devices. But frankly, I don't think RIM cares too much. They've still got the strongest market share and there's a reason for it.

It's for reasons like the one above and many others that I still have an active personal BlackBerry 9700 right along side my Nexus One.