Android vs. Blackberry

Tacoboy

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at getting a smart phone, I'm planning on moving to New Zealand (for up to a year), moving in about three months.
So my most important thing for a new smart phone is GPS and maps. Most of my emailing will be from my desk top computer.
(my current cell phone provider is ATT)
So what is recommended?

Jonross

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You probably wouldn't like blackberry for maps and things, even though you only said Android or blackberry, best best is to go with iphone 4 with at&t.

Tacoboy

May 29, 2010
Visit site
You probably wouldn't like blackberry for maps and things, even though you only said Android or blackberry, best best is to go with iphone 4 with at&t.

I've leaning towards the Android because it seems to be a more open platform, more stuff to tinker with.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll always say Android, because Blackberrys are incredibly behind in so many ways. And with those, don't you have to pay for maps/navigation? With Android it's free. :)

Raditude#AC

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can you should try to spend the extra money, and import an unlocked Motorola Milestone 2 from Europe. It would work on GSM, and give you all the power you need in an Android phone.

Danow11

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am new to androids from bbs myself but blackberry maps is pretty useful although not nearly as useful as maps/navigator is on this phone. I'm also thinking you can get maps for blackberry now.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are actually on two separate carriers and on Friday she got the Torch while on Saturday I got the Epic. Having messed around with both phones, both have good things and both have a few things that need work. Blackberries do have better battery life in general over Android, but the app selection for BB is not very impressive. If apps aren't all that important to you, the only thing I can suggest is go to an AT&T store and mess around with the various phones and see which one really works best for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon