Blackberry Playbook

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Any body else watching the feed from our bros on Crackberry?!

The Playbook is Pretty Damn Nice...

Specifications:

7-inch hi-res widescreen display, is 9.7 mm thick.
Flash 10.1 with hardware accelerated video, HTML 5
Supports 1080p video
Connects direct to BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Non-proprietary HDMI and USB connections
Full-HD front and rear-facing camera
1 GHz dual-core (with symmetrical multiprocessing capabilities) processor
1 GB RAM

Im wit it... Def going to replace my Curve with this... Can't wait

By Spring next year I'll have 2 tablets and a MID geeeeeeez

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice but without great apps its worthless. That will be the key to its success.

Supports Adobe air Flash and HTML 5 out the box...

we need some Flash Devs to jump on the Multi platform game...

With Flash you can Develop for all the OS' its literally just one line of script you need to change from phone to phone...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
wow a digital photoframe with a camera.
What will RIM do next LOL.

Pretty cool..but agreed. Knowing RIM will charge you 2x for apps because it's 2x the size of a bb.

anon(757282)

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have an Android for testing with aviation app. After using it, I am underwhelmed. BlackBerry PlayBook is much better hardware and OS.

PlayBook is faster, more stable, no screen lags, easier to connect with PC, bridges to my BlackBerry phone for all PIM info, and secure. More robust hardware. Much brighter and clearer screen than the android.

Android has apps, but the decent ones are coming to BlackBerry. Most of the android apps are of little or no use, and not many made for tablets.

Screen operating icons on android are faint, invisible in bright light. Cannot even shut down apps. Not real multitasking, just a task switcher with sleeping apps in background. Lots of fragmentation, so more of a hobby than productivity system.

Glad to have the android tablet. It proves how superior the PlayBook is by comparison for performance and price.
Cheers!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I much prefer my PlayBook also! iPad also! My Galaxy Tab is definately a distant 3rd! Perhaps ICS will help. :) IF Sammy ever decides to release it in the US!