CrackBerry Kevin on the T-Mobile G1

Jennifer S#AC

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried Locale? It's one of my favorite apps: I can set the G1 to automatically turn on WiFi when I get home and turn it off when I leave, I can set it to automatically silence the ringer when I'm at church, etc., all based on location.

Jennifer

Dr. Tyrell

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
3G

It also works on both T-mo and At&t 3G Networks!
I didn't think so. Have you tried it? AT&T's 3G network frequencies are different from T-Mobile's 3G. The G1 is tied to T-Mobile just as the iPhone is tied to AT&T (at least in the U.S.). This will probably change in the future but for now I believe you can only use the competitor's EDGE network.

blueline

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
It's good to see the g1 getting good reviews from all the editors. I still think the platform still needs more development but it is well on the way.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I didn't think so. Have you tried it? AT&T's 3G network frequencies are different from T-Mobile's 3G. The G1 is tied to T-Mobile just as the iPhone is tied to AT&T (at least in the U.S.). This will probably change in the future but for now I believe you can only use the competitor's EDGE network.

Sorry :eek:

I was just taking our dreams to a higher level;
Android OS on the Bold or Storm that works on both T-mo and At&t 3G Networks! :D

Oh My God, Kevin!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head with that one!!!!! I'm not too impressed with the G1 itself, but to have the Android OS on the Bold or Storm would be AWESOME!!!!!

It also works on both T-mo and At&t 3G Networks!

rjgonza

Nov 20, 2008
rjgonza.com
Gsm & Cdma?

Yea, Works on UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz, GSM?/GPRS: 1900/1800/900/850 MHz and Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000
1X Ev-DO networks.

Cite: BlackBerry Smartphones - Research In Motion

why are we talking about the storm here.. we are in android =)

We are talking about a device that would be able to work across all networks running android.

Imagine if we could get android on the storm, a great piece of phone running a great os, I really want that

Last edited:

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Yea, Works on UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz, GSM?/GPRS: 1900/1800/900/850 MHz and Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000
1X Ev-DO networks.

Cite: BlackBerry Smartphones - Research In Motion

We are talking about a device that would be able to work across all networks running android.

Imagine if we could get android on the storm, a great piece of phone running a great os, I really want that

That would be the MOST SPECTACULAR DEVICE EVER! :D

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
android will exciting next year... so many manufacturers are going to make android phones! Sony Ericsson will release one next year too!