What do you miss from your BlackBerry?

chrisoverly

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am what I call a phone abuser, I use my phone constantly and hope to switch to the Sholes after it hits Verizon later this month or next month.

My question is what about your BlackBerry do you miss when using your Android phone?

Anyone switch from a BlackBerry Storm (the phone I have now)?

Thanks!

jammushi

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 and I'm one of the people that loved SureType. The BlackBerry SureType keyboard combined with the SureType software was awesome. I could type so much faster and more accurately on it than I could on the full QWERTY BlackBerry devices and best of all I could do it all with one hand without looking!

What I miss about my BlackBerry is the awesome keyboard. At the moment nothing beats having a physical keyboard, however I will say that I think over time I will get use to the touchscreen keyboard. The Hero does have a keyboard option that sort of looks like SureType, but again not having the physical keys hurts my speed and accuracy when typing.

The biggest thing I miss about my BlackBerry is BlackBerry Messenger since so many of my friends have it, however I am getting over it as text messages looks like an instant messaging conversation and I still have email and GTalk. I just miss the little things about BBM like sending pictures and creating chatrooms with my BBM contacts.

robmille

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey bro, I ordered the myTouch 3g last night. (thats a creepy name, isnt it?) So I dont know yet exactly what the difference will be. I am upgrading from the Pearl Flip. I can tell you what I wont miss, the crappy browser on Blackberry.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I can say I miss is the push email. Blackberry has it down to an art.

Truth be told I only missed it for about a week. I started having my emails sent to my gmail account instead of my mobile me account and it is wonderful.

Google has done such a fabulous job integrating gmail into mac and there android os that there is no longer a need to pay 99$ a year for my mac account.

The only other thing I missed at first was a physical keyboard, but after a couple of weeks you get used to the virtual.

most recent phones:
Pearl -> Curve -> Storm -> 8900 Curve 2 -> iPhone ->MyTouch

LikeWebOS

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I will miss BBM the most, as I have so many people that I get in contact through there, that I wouldn't normally text or call. The push email is great..except that when servers are down or something, the time on the emails are stamped with the time they got to your phone, not the time you actually received them in your in box. That is when you're on BIS not sure about BES. Oh and I won't miss the emails that I can't view because they get truncated due to size. Which my iPhone has no problem opening up, ha!

But I'm really looking forward to actually going back to one phone, and the Droid may be it..hopefully.

prot0type

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Definitely the keyboard.

I think the convenience key is also something I miss. I had one mapped for vlingo and doing everything(send a text, make a phone call, search google) with the push of a button is something I wouldn't mind having again.

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Like Rusty, I missed the push email at first too. I started using Gmail as my primary account. I love it now. I have the G1, so I still have a physical keyboard, plus the touchscreen keyboard. I can't decide which one I prefer.

ripperbone

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
i just traded my 8900 of a mytouch and already I am missing the push email, and physical keyboard, but i figure it will take a couple of days to get use to the mytouch.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I miss my physical keyboard and the simplicity of the push emails. I haven't figured out how to get mine most effectively on my Hero yet and it's really bugging me :(
But I adore the touchscreen! Never going back!

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I miss a really full featured PIM (like PocketInformant) with features like creating duplicates of appointments. I miss being able to use categories effectively to manage groups of people (the groups implementation by Google is a wicked mess -- I mean really -- the group names can't even be alphabetized?). I miss being able to manage tasks well and sync them to my computer (the tasks management on Google Calendar just isn't up to snuff).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn