From BB to Android....Who would have thought?

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I would drop in and say hello. I am new to to AC and coming from CB. I have had a BB since they came out with the first one after the pager in 2002. I owned almost every BB out there, and know enough about them that people come to me for help. I have had GMail since the begining. Although I always loved my BB and think they are great devices, I wanted to move on to better things. I am diving in full speed and loving my Eris and the Android OS. I got the Eris mainly because it has the look and feel of what the Nexus One is going to be, for the most part kind of LOL. I'm looking forward like everyone else here from what it seems to get the Nexus One. If there are any tips out there please let me know. I guess this is like Intervention. My name is JD and I've been off Crackberry for 3 days. But I can't put down my Android, LOL! One addiction to another, I love it!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
One addiction to another....

You know how they say some drugs are "gateway" drugs? Like marijuana leads to heroin? Blackberry was my gateway drug. I'm on the hard stuff now, I'm a Droid Junkie.

Regarding "intervention": I've been trying to develop a drink called the "intervention".... wouldn't that be great? Belly up to the bar and say, "what a day I've had. I need an intervention." Or, "I'm having some friends over tonight for an intervention. We do this every weekend."

PS: Android Central promotes clean and healthy living. If you think you might have a problem with addiction and need help, download an app for that.

Last edited:

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I totally feel ya! I love it more than I did any BB I owned. The hardest thing about leaving BB was BBM, but then I realized I really didn't use it all that much.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, and someone who came from using a BB for years, but now rocking a Droid.

One thing I miss that I had on my BB, was BerryBuzz. I know there is missed call, but BerryBuzz was able to do so MUCH more.

Deathwish238

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I would drop in and say hello. I am new to to AC and coming from CB. I have had a BB since they came out with the first one after the pager in 2002. I owned almost every BB out there, and know enough about them that people come to me for help. I have had GMail since the begining. Although I always loved my BB and think they are great devices, I wanted to move on to better things. I am diving in full speed and loving my Eris and the Android OS. I got the Eris mainly because it has the look and feel of what the Nexus One is going to be, for the most part kind of LOL. I'm looking forward like everyone else here from what it seems to get the Nexus One. If there are any tips out there please let me know. I guess this is like Intervention. My name is JD and I've been off Crackberry for 3 days. But I can't put down my Android, LOL! One addiction to another, I love it!

You're not truly addicted until you've run multiple ROMs in less than a day!

Welcome to the Android Revolution!

48hughey#AC

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
You know how they say some drugs are "gateway" drugs? Like marijuana leads to heroin? Blackberry was my gateway drug. I'm on the hard stuff now, I'm a Droid Junkie.

Same here...it's been 6 weeks and 6 days since my last battery pull...

Regarding "intervention": I've been trying to develop a drink called the "intervention".... wouldn't that be great? Belly up to the bar and say, "what a day I've had. I need an intervention." Or, "I'm having some friends over tonight for an intervention. We do this every weekend."

Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox