Blackberry convert any tips or suggestions are welcome

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got my droid earlier today and so far WOW:D but since all I have had for the last 2 years or so is Blackberry it seems there is a bit of a learning curve so any suggestions for apps or settings is much appreciated. I think I am gonna like Android for sure.

thanks in advance

R

Roy Aguilera

Play with it, get used to it and customize it. Have fun and welcome to AC. See you around.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
AC Forums is your best friend..lol be sure to check out the tips tricks and easter eggs section..BIG help! Welcome to the forums!

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to a world free of battery pulls, 10 minute boot-ups, and 1990's web browsing. To make life a little easier, do NOT use a task manager. Just let android do the work for you. Android works differently than blackberry. Apps I would recommend are...
Acontacts, or Google's gestures
Handcent
Calendar pad
Gdocs notes
Toddler lock (if u have a little one who likes your new phone as much as you do)
Again, welcome!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
One thing many BB converts feel annoyed by is email "pushing" to their devices. Be aware that non-gmail emial addresses are not "instant" best you can hope for is 15 minute updates.

I'd suggest: forward all other accounts to gmail, which works very smoothly. However, yahoo unforunately does not forward unless you pay for a pro account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC