BLU F91 5G mini-mini review

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'll keep this as brief as possible since there are many reviews of the Blu F91 5G on YouTube.

This is Blu's first 5G phone and it’s the first time that not only was I willing to consider a Blu device but was willing to buy one with my own hard earned money. I typically lean towards higher-end phones. I'm a spec monkey and I admit it. The F91 5G is NOT a flagship killer. It is a mid-range device worthy of one's consideration and represents, IMO, excellent value. Here's why...

When the device was first introduced it was priced at $199US as an introductory offer. It is currently selling on Amazon for $249. It’s worth that and more. Again, here's why....

PROS:
It comes with ALL the phone accessories most want.
•Case
•TG Screen protector
•18Watt charger
•USB-C charging cable
•Headphones for its 3.5mm headphone jack
•5,000 mah battery that subjectively lasts, and lasts

It has specs that outshine its price:

•5G. …oh and reviews say it won’t work at all with AT&T. FALSE! It runs AT&T’s 5G network just fine and of course should work great with T-Mobile or other GSM carriers as well. Your mileage may vary.
•Mediatek Dimensity 810 chipset
•128GB of SD card expandable storage
•8GB of RAM. Yes, you read that correctly…8GB of RAM
•FHD+ LCD that is great for gaming and won’t suffer screen burn-in (GameGlass anyone?)
• Side-mounted finger-print scanner (that just works and works well)
• NFC for wireless payments

…all for $249US. In today’s economic climate I call that value.
It has stock Android 11*, competitive cameras (for a mid-range device), wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging.

It’s hard to argue about the value proposition here and I’m sure that’s the point. $249US.

CONS:
• Android 11 that may never see Android 12. My unit is still on a December ’21 security patch level. So if Android updates are at the top of your list, look eelsewhere.
•IP rating? Its IP rating is Don’t-get-it-wet. IP rating is MIA. You want to go snorkeling with your phone? Look elsewhere.

Conclusion:

For $249US, given all that’s included and the specs…it makes a great tertiary device or a great device for a teenager or person that might lose it or anyone that doesn’t want to spend 4x the price for one of the flagship beasts. Blu has, mostly, a mid-range winner here at entry-level pricing. It only has a couple of big CONs but they could be show-stoppers for some.

For $249US? I paid for it and I’m keeping it. No, I don’t need it, but for that price…I’m keeping it, because it’s more than worth it and it’ll keep my S22 Ultra out of harm’s way. …that’s the excuse I’m going with.

Now, if BLU can just do something about those Android updates for the Update Weary.

36b975900a1c2fad839800db56aa7760.jpg
98932032b04b17aec19567a7b75634bd.jpg
14ee4a62f740ff693daf05b2e2b8221f.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice review, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! When you're on AT&T 5G, it is the true 5G and not their 5Ge (aka 4G LTE), right?

Also, how is BLU's firmware in terms of killing apps in the background? I had a big issue with a TCL Tab 8 that would kill Spotify in the background, thereby rendering it impossible to listen to anything while doing something besides having Spotify in the foreground.:-\

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Nice review, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! When you're on AT&T 5G, it is the true 5G and not their 5Ge (aka 4G LTE), right?

Also, how is BLU's firmware in terms of killing apps in the background? I had a big issue with a TCL Tab 8 that would kill Spotify in the background, thereby rendering it impossible to listen to anything while doing something besides having Spotify in the foreground.:-\
Surprisingly, it's true 5G, and that is interesting because other reviews state it doesn't work on AT&T's network at all.

I haven't seen any issues with apps being closed. I am not surprised though because with 8GB of RAM performance shouldn't be an issue and from what I have seen so far performance is surprisingly...almost unbelievably good. Again, a flagship it is not (and it does make me appreciate the S22 Ultra) but it it performs up there with other mid-range devices I've experienced.

I just feel like it's a steal for the price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams