Blu Studio upgraded to Lollipop, now I have no mobile networks! What can I do?

A

AC Question

Blu Studio upgraded to Lollipop, now I have no mobile networks!

Hi,
I have a Blu Studio Energy. Today, I got the upgrade to Android Lollipop. However, after the upgrade I noticed that I had no mobile networks, it also isn't reading my SIM card either which means no phone calls or messages.

I'm well aware of how to reset APN's/Mobile Networks, etc. but another issue with the upgrade I noticed is that it completely BLOCKED me from turning my mobile data on and accessing the Mobile Networks settings on my phone. When I touch the option to open the setting nothing happens.

My mobile carrier (Simple Mobile) wasn't helpful at all and of course, BLU doesn't have weekend Tech Support (beyond me!! who does that?). My mobile carrier did say something about an issue with Jailbreaking/Rooting. That's outside my technical understanding, but after some research I am believing that my upgrade has turned my functionality off.

Any insight as to remedy this is useful. I do plan to call BLU's Tech Support tomorrow but would love other assistance as well.

roshdy777

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Blu Studio upgraded to Lollipop, now I have no mobile networks!

some guy on gsmarena said that, "To solve the problem with the sim/imei: enter the factory mode pressing power + volume up per five seconds(with turned off phone), afther use the volume butons to scroll and power to select. Click on "wipe data/factory reset", click yes and reboot. The problem is solved." copied from Hermano, however no idea if this will wipe everything on you mobile or not.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If that doesn't fix it, contact the carrier and ask to speak to a tech support level 2 supervisor, as they've damaged your phone. Bad updates causing problems are the carrier's legal liability, and they're responsible for making you whole. (More than one of us has had a phone replaced out of warranty for that. One thing NO carrier wants is a suit telling the world how Android updates can damage your phone.)

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with Android, it only applies to iPhones. Rooting is something you do to your Android phone - and if you did, it wouldn't update, so there would be no problem. (I got an update yesterday to my rooted phone - it stopped and claimed to have failed. That's what normally happens if the phone is rooted - updating a rooted phone can damage it beyond repair, so the update stops as soon as it sees that you're not running a stock phone. In that case, you never get the update [you just waste time watching it download], so it can't cause any problems.)

1Selfmindles

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

Hi,
I have a Blu Studio Energy. Today, I got the upgrade to Android Lollipop. However, after the upgrade I noticed that I had no mobile networks, it also isn't reading my SIM card either which means no phone calls or messages.

I'm well aware of how to reset APN's/Mobile Networks, etc. but another issue with the upgrade I noticed is that it completely BLOCKED me from turning my mobile data on and accessing the Mobile Networks settings on my phone. When I touch the option to open the setting nothing happens.

My mobile carrier (Simple Mobile) wasn't helpful at all and of course, BLU doesn't have weekend Tech Support (beyond me!! who does that?). My mobile carrier did say something about an issue with Jailbreaking/Rooting. That's outside my technical understanding, but after some research I am believing that my upgrade has turned my functionality off.

Any insight as to remedy this is useful. I do plan to call BLU's Tech Support tomorrow but would love other assistance as well.

Hey just had a ota update yesterday and had the same thing happen to me it updated me to 5.1 I think but anyways it completely locked me out of my sim had no service on either provider I'm using two sims I tried everything took sims out restarted phone nothing I had to reset to factory for things to come back to normal but that fixed the problem

Raguna163

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

Sometimes someone will flash their phone to get an update early... Which was me, when I though lollipop was just never going to come out. I think that's what they were referring to when talking about jailbreaking. I had to install a new modem using my custom recovery (TWRP) because the ROM didn't support the bands I was using. It looks like BLU barely did any work porting/bootlegging over the Gionee M3 ROM (Which is what I'm running, and it's mostly the same as the BLU update). I guess it wasn't just my fault I lost my service. The important band I was missing was the 1700 band, which is American, while the M3 is, well, not American.
Sorry, but I'm not touching explaining how to flash a new modem here, since I'm no expert and I almost bricked my phone doing so, and it's using a nuclear bomb to mow the grass with this problem. Keep bothering BLU, it looks like it's their fault they didn't convert the update to US GSM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49