Imported music not playing on my BLU Studio X

A

AC Question

I've got music saved on my laptop and tried to import it. Once on the phone, It won't play--whether in google play or in the music spot. Help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just bought a Blu Studio X and imported music will not play. What can I do?

Welcome to Android Central! What format are the music files in, and how did you get them (i.e., purchased and downloaded from iTunes or Google Play, or ripped from CD, etc.)? How did you transfer them to the phone--via USB, using a file manager to drag and drop? Where on the phone did you transfer the music files to (internal storage vs SD card, and also which directory)?

Henry Kobrias

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: I just bought a Blu Studio X and imported music will not play. What can I do?

The files that i imported were ripped from c.d.'s and were saved to folders on to my pc., from which i then dragged and dropped into the music folder in the phone ( not the sd card). all the music files seem to.wma files. Would it help changing the music files to Windows Media Audio File?

Henry Kobrias

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

I turned the music files into Windows MediaAudio files and they still didn't play on my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Most Android phones don't have native support for WMA files. You could try a 3rd party player like PowerAmp. Find others by Googling "Android music player WMA."

In the future, rip your music into mp3 format if you want to save yourself the hassle. Alternatively, you could upload your WMA files to your Google Play Music library in the cloud, using the Music Manager program installed on your computer. Once in your cloud, you can stream them easily from any device logged into your Google account, or download them locally for offline play.

Henry Kobrias

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site

thanks for all the help, i've tried those helpful hints already. but still no success. maybe my phones defective.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so you tried PowerAmp? And you also uploaded your music files to Google Play Music in the cloud using the Music Manager? The latter should work.

Another option is to install a music file format converter on your computer and convert your WMA files to MP3, but there may be some loss in fidelity in the conversion process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc