Emailed Blu about 6.0 on Life One X

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Messaged BLU again about this update, which is supposed to come out before year end. I have zero hope, but at least they're being polite about it.

new.JPG

Tamara Perry

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Messaged BLU again about this update, which is supposed to come out before year end. I have zero hope, but at least they're being polite about it.

View attachment 247537

Husband's updated from lollipop to marshmallow two days ago. In November, I purchased the Blu Vivo Refresh with marshmallow on it already. It's awful , it drops weather widgets, you can't respond to group messaging, you can't login to IMAP emails unless you on WiFi. Don't update if you can help it.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
If you updated and then didn't do a clean wipe of the device, problems are to be expected. Specially with BLU, I don't really trust their software capabilities.

That said, I'm quite frustrated with them. Basically 9 months after they promised the update, still nothing. I think next spring I'll just buy a Moto G5 and not look back.

YourRealGod

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I gave it up. I only visit this page from time to time to see how others are responding.

This company BLU is not trustworthy. I would like to warn others about this company but know not how. I bought this phone on December 2015 when it was first released, considering it was a quite known U.S. company, not an obscure Chinese company, and they had promised 6.0 update. I only received one minor security update on January 2016, and that was it. They lied to customers. They never updated anything despite all the big Android security vulnerabilities disclosures and the information-stealing Chinese updater that was shipped with BLU phones in 2016. Just one month of support period is extremely short, even considering the price.

I will not buy any cheap Android phone again.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here: regret buying this LOX. Should've just got a Moto G4. I'm waiting until next month and just going to buy whatever Moto G5 model has a 5" screen. I'm done with BLU.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
They just replied to me on Twitter to tell me to please be patient because the update was coming soon. I replied, "Really? Well, that's interesting but Is there any reason for you to release it anymore?". They have not answered.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
At this point they could skip 6 and update us to 7. What's the point of getting 6 now. Mine fell and cracked the top right of the screen. Still works fine but it's the last excuse I needed to dump BLU. I'm buying the Moto G5 with 7.0 later this month.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I can't actually believe this but my wife and I BOTH just got our Marshmallow update. We were shocked. Haven't done it yet.
The only question now is... We've got our phones rooted to disable things that were making the phone lag. Will updating break my root and will there be a way to root after?

Andrew Ray

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Just received the update, and... I messed it up.
Here's what happened. After the reboot and a few moments spent on the android screen with the installing message, the screen went dark and remained dark for minutes.
Now, a little digression here. I did a similar update on my wife's phone, only she has an Alcatel.
The update on her phone went smooth and even thought it took a few minutes, I remember I always had a feedback on what was going on.
So, going back to the screen that went dark, at first I thought it was just a matter of minutes.
In the meantime I started cooking, checking stuff on my computer. Long story short, after probably 10 min. the screen was still dark and the phone really hot. At that point I thought the installer wasn't doing much, something was wrong.
Well, I reboot the phone and tadaa! A message warns me that the encryption didn't finish and all my settings/data are lost.
So, after another couple of reboot I finally can access the phone and at this point I have to do all the setup from scratch.
Now the funny part: my gmail password is really complicated (I've got hacked several times and now I'm really paranoiac). So, despite I'm reading the password from my computer, it seems there's no way I can type it right. After a few attempts I decide to change my password to something simpler, just for now. But wait, there's also the 2 step verification, which of course Google sends to my phone, but I can't access the phone, so, I turn off the verification as well. And now what? I can't access anyway! Because Google tells me that, since I recently changed the password, now I need to wait 24 hours!
dammit