App auto update not working over WiFi on Blu Life One X?

A

AC Question

I recently got a Blu Life One X phone, with which I am happy, in general - but which has some problems. The first one is the phone ring selection, but I notice that that has already been acknowledged by Blu to be an OS problem, which they will (hopefully) fix in the next OS (hopefully coming soon) update.

The problem that I am having is the following;

I have configured my Google account settings so that apps will be auto updated both over WiFi and mobile (I have a generous mobile data cap.) Apps do get automatically updated over mobile all right - but apparently not over WiFi. If I stay connected on WiFi, when I visit my Google Play pages I often see a list of apps waiting to be upgraded. As soon as I switch off WiFi and start using mobile data, those apps get automatically updated.

Is this something that anybody else has noticed? If so, is there a fix for it, or is this another OS problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the Blu forum.

Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and make sure it's set to keep wi-fi on while asleep.

Also, go to Settings>Data Usage​, tap Menu>Network Restrictions, and make sure you haven't set your wi-fi network to be metered.

Jay Smith11

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Those were the settings that I have had all along. In addition, over the last few days I have disabled WiFi completely and, contrary to what I initially thought, apps are not being automatically updated, ever - not over mobile data, not on WiFi. I have carried out a few online searches on the subject. Many people are complaining about this kind of behavior, on all sorts to devices. What is distressing is that nobody out there seems to have a clue as to why this is happening. There are many suggestions to take some actions "to see if they solve the problem", actions that go from the innocuous and pretty obviously useless, to the sledgehammer approach consisting of resetting the device to factory defaults - which, by the way, does not seem to fix the problem very often. More and more it seems to be the case that this is a Google Play problem, and the Google developers themselves also have no clue as to what is going on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci