I have a BLU Pure XL, but it didn't work on my Note 4 as well, so I am using the ATT messenger app, and I work offshore. We don't have cell service here but we have WIFI. I can receive text messages , but I am not able to answer! Not even mention about wifi calling is not available. So I am not buying an Iphone to do this, and will not buy a Note 7 either, I feel it is marketing ( pushing people to buy more expensive phones) , and not a phone/app related problem. Anyone can help me with this issue? I don't want to use any 3th party app! I want to use my original number without any extra charges to able send back text messages.
    09-13-2016 05:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! SMS messages require a mobile signal, and can't be sent over wi-fi (unless perhaps if wi-fi calling is actually active). You said that there's no mention about wi-fi calling not being available--so does that mean it is or isn't active? If you swipe down the Quick Settings and look at the cell signal indicator, does it say "Wi-fi Calling"?

Since you are receiving SMS, there must be some kind of connection--but I can't tell yet if it's due to intermittent mobile signal, or if you do have wi-fi calling active (but perhaps with spotty coverage).
    09-13-2016 03:39 PM