Vivo 5R or original Vivo 5?

anon(5743667)

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Which one should I get? I know the 5R runs Marshmallow and the regular Vivo 5 runs Lollipop, but Blu said the Marshmallow update is coming at the end of this month or next month.

I had a Life One X before that was pretty crappy. It would lag and the screen would become unresponsive, and the speaker quality was garbage. I'm unsure if I should get another Blu phone because their devices can be very hit or miss in terms of quality. Plus they rarely update their devices. So should I get another Blu phone or just stick with a more well known brand like Moto or Honor?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Which one should I get? I know the 5R runs Marshmallow and the regular Vivo 5 runs Lollipop, but Blu said the Marshmallow update is coming at the end of this month or next month.

I had a Life One X before that was pretty crappy. It would lag and the screen would become unresponsive, and the speaker quality was garbage. I'm unsure if I should get another Blu phone because their devices can be very hit or miss in terms of quality. Plus they rarely update their devices. So should I get another Blu phone or just stick with a more well known brand like Moto or Honor?

If you are looking for a really good Android Phone at a really good price then take a look at this article: Best Android Phone Under $100 | Android Central

Depending on what you are looking for, there are better alternatives that will have better support. The Moto G4 series is a great alternative.

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Blu said the Marshmallow update is coming at the end of this month or next month.

I've heard that before. From my experience with BLU, they release new devices with newer os instead of actually updating the current devices. Just like the vivo air. Only got KitKat. If you wanted lollipop, you had to buy the newer vivo air LTE. Bad track record for updates. Don't get me wrong, I love my Vivo 5. Outperforms many $300 phones.
Just wished BLU would show some love to current devices.

Lilnae6

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site

Being an owner of both and having many Blu Products. I would say that I would choose the 5 over the 5r. But don't hold your breath over the update because they are extremely slow at updating any of the newer phones. 5r is also great but I like using the 5 more.

patcherd

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Just got my new Blu vivo 5r this past Saturday and am familiarizing myself with Android. So far it seems to be a very good device. Enjoying this product so far.

Google maps I feel are superior to Maps on Windows and much better with details and accuracy. Maps isn't bad but Google wins here.

I still like the Windows platform but am trying to get used to using Android to it's full potential. Having a good experience so far with that.

The camera on the Lumia 950 is still one of the best if not the best out there. Lumia was well known for their camera technology in their phones but this Blu vivo 5r is pretty impressive for a budget device.

When I figure out how to post some photos I will give it a shot. Very good Sony technology in the Blu vivo camera with 13 MP shooter.

This BLU phone has been fast and fluid and the predictive text is pretty impressive. It was great on Windows 8.0 and 8.1. Not so hot on win10.

Nice to have choices!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power