Strange camera issue...

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I was taking a picture in my kitchen with my Blu Life One X and these faint black bands were moving across my screen like frequency bands or something. I have fluorescent tubes and LED overheads in my kitchen. But I've never seen this before.

Has anyone ever seen this or know what it is?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Fluorescent and LED bulbs don't produce continuous light, they produce light in cycles - and that's interacting with the camera shutter. It's a common problem in photography. Take a picture of an active TV screen and it'll probably be even worse.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Fluorescent and LED bulbs don't produce continuous light, they produce light in cycles - and that's interacting with the camera shutter. It's a common problem in photography. Take a picture of an active TV screen and it'll probably be even worse.
I do know about that, I've just never seen it before with a phone camera in my kitchen in the past. I just moved from Paris where I had LEDs and fluorescents and this didn't happen and my phone is the same one so I'm wondering what's different about THESE lights? The 60hz vs the 50? Even if that WERE the case, why would I be seeing this shutter phenomenon if I'm not shooting video?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay