Blu life one x2 2nd sim not working

emacho

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Very possible I fat fingered some setting somewhere, but I can't get the second sim to work again.

I know both sim cards work. Tested in other phones.

Sim slot one works with both sims.

The 2nd sim icon shows up in the notification area, but no service.

Both sims show up in the settings with phone numbers, carrier, etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier is that 2nd SIM for? Are you certain the phone supports that carrier's bands?

You could also try swapping the SIMs between the two slots. If the 2nd SIM works in slot 1, then it's possible the 2nd SIM slot is faulty (or dirty).

When you have a chance, head over to the Intros forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

emacho

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.

Both Sims are through the same carrier (ATT based)
Both function properly in Sim1
Both function properly in Sim2 (see below)

I have discovered that whatever Sim slot I have set for "data" is the only sim card that will be active for anything.

Previously, I could send/receive calls/texts on both sims (both were active), but only one was used for data.

So if I switch the data to Sim 2, that sim card becomes active and Sim1 turns off completely. The reverse is true as well.
So both sim card words, both sim card slots work, just not at the same time anymore.

Not sure when this happened or how it happend.

Possibly a factory reset in my future.

rockinamigo14

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
the phone only allows 4g LTE data on one SIM at a time. the other SIM is limited to 2G capability.

at the beginning of 2017, at&t shut down their 2g network. So your SIM and phone are working fine, they just don't have any towers to talk to. if you want to take advantage of having data on the other SIM, you'll need a t-mobile provider.

rockinamigo14

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't need/want data on the 2nd sim, just voice/text. It sounds like I am out of luck here.

Thank you

right. the voice/text would typically be sent over the 2g network, which no longer exists. you'll need to use a t-mobile provider if you want to utilize the second slot.

vicks1008

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It is not clear whether your "2nd SIM slot not working" issue only happens when you have 2 SIM cards inserted or even 1 SIM card inserted in SIM slot 2.

Now I am going to assume your issue is only when there are 2 SIM cards inserted. If data is selected for SIM slot 1, SIM slot 2 by default will be on 2G (Edge). This is because the BLU Life One X2 uses Dual-SIM Dual-Standby technology. Only one SIM can be on anything higher than 2G at a time while the other slot needs to be on 2G.

Now with the above in mind, AT&T just shut off nearly all 2G service on their towers and T-Mobile has already started and will finish around 2020 I believe. However at any moment they can decide to make that sooner. If your area has 2G shut down, then a symptom of any phone connected to 2G will look like it "has no service."

I hope this helps!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It is not clear whether your "2nd SIM slot not working" issue only happens when you have 2 SIM cards inserted or even 1 SIM card inserted in SIM slot 2.

Now I am going to assume your issue is only when there are 2 SIM cards inserted. If data is selected for SIM slot 1, SIM slot 2 by default will be on 2G (Edge). This is because the BLU Life One X2 uses Dual-SIM Dual-Standby technology. Only one SIM can be on anything higher than 2G at a time while the other slot needs to be on 2G.

Now with the above in mind, AT&T just shut off nearly all 2G service on their towers and T-Mobile has already started and will finish around 2020 I believe. However at any moment they can decide to make that sooner. If your area has 2G shut down, then a symptom of any phone connected to 2G will look like it "has no service."

I hope this helps!

Using life one x2 since a month now both Sims working fine... Iam using it in India thou Soo have Airtel and reliance sim in it... All good...

emacho

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks you Vicks.

Your assumption is correct. Both sim slots are populated, but only 1 will function at a time now. Regardless of which sim is set to be primary/data/4g. ATT shutting down the 2G network is certainly the cause, not a malfunction of the phone.

Now to find a dual sim phone that can work on ATT/Cricket. Hopefully with front facing speakers.

Thank you again for all your input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89