Blu Vivo XL wireless update

Blu Me

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hoping I have the right forum this time. After latest update I have lost personal contacts on home screen and battery drains really fast. Also takes long time to fully charge. This has happened immediately after update. Please help. Can I uninstall update? If so, HOW?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Blu phone do you have? Pure XL, Life XL, etc.?

You can't roll back system updates, but it might help to wipe the cache partition. But we need to know which exact phone you have.

EDIT: I saw from the other post you accidentally wrote in the Amazon Fire Phone forum that you have a Vivo XL -- I just edited your thread title to reflect that. Try wiping the cache partition by following the steps here, but instead of selecting Wipe Data, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition: https://www.hardreset99.com/blu-har...rd-reset-factory-reset-and-password-recovery/. No personal data will be lost.

Last edited:

Blu Me

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so very much. I removed the SD card and did the recovery. The battery went from 50 to 80% right away. I'm still unable to put my three contacts on the home screen ( makes my life sooooo difficult 😉 ) It seems my battery is draining more quickly but I am hoping to find a new one before this one dies. ( Not any easy thing to do ). Love my Blu, love Android Central, and definitely love you! Thanks for your help. If you have any tips for the Blu Vivo XL would love to hear them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To put contacts on the homescreen, I use the Direct Dial widget (because it calls them with one tap, instead of the usual Contact widget that requires at least two taps). Direct Dial is a standard Android widget -- do you see it in your list?

Blu Me

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
TY again. I do have the Direct Dial. I guess I'm just an old creature of habit. I had the pics of my 3 contacts I speak to most. One tap there also. I miss them on my home screen!

¸ž Is there a chance you would know where to get a battery for this phone? And is there anything specific I might be able to do to save my battery a little longer? Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781