Blu Diamond M not working with micro SD cards

jimrob233

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I have two phones and a number of SD cards and the same problem arises with every combination.

If I use the cards in "portable" mode (ex-FAT format) Android can see the card but can only use 2Gb of it. If I try to put more data on the card, from the phone or via a USB link to my PC, the phone corrupts it. If I remove the card and put files on it with the PC card reader, then put it back in the phone, Android can only see 2Gb of files and I get a load of corrupt data in "Lost and Found".

If I try to format the cards in the phone for "internal" storage (proprietary format) it gets to 20% (whatever the size of the card) and stops - then after 10 minutes claims the card is corrupt.

The phones were bought at different times and are different colours - so they're not from the same batch. They are supposed to support microSD cards of up to 64Gb. Everything else works fine. The cards I'm using are by Samsung, Sandisk and Kingston. If I reformat them on the PC using SDformatter, they work fine with my PC and the 16Gb ones work fine with my old Chinese clone Android 4 phone.

Any ideas where to go next (apart from throwing the lot away and starting again)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome