Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Hi, I purchased a brand new Blu Vivo XL2 unlocked GSM phone back in December, and so far been fairly satisfied, till now. Phone came with Android OS 6.0 and everything seemed to be working okay. I'm always learning more everytime i pick it up or read some of the helpful posts on your site. Last friday 01/19, my phone was upgraded to the 7.0 OS, and since then, i have not been able to send any mms messages with or without images. I' also have issues with making or receiving calls. I dial the number and watch call timer tick away but can't hear a thing, also trying to figure out how to change screen backlighting as its bright white and text is almost transparent, (ie) very difficult to read. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and I won't leave you hanging, and i will acknowledge your answers.
    01-24-2018 09:08 AM
    Thanks for registering! I moved this thread from the Nougat forum to the Blu forum, since it sounds like more of a specific device issue and not a general Nougat issue.

Which carrier are you using? Go to Settings>Mobile Networks and make sure the proper carrier network is selected. Also, check to make sure the APN setting is correct for your carrier: https://www.androidcentral.com/what-...do-i-change-it
    01-24-2018 10:22 AM
    I enclosed an attachment and hope it goes through? Straight Talk with AT&T SIM CARD is how I'm set up. I've made countless attempts with these settings along with the reboots and nothing. The old settings had tracfone as APN settings, so I don't understand the RESELLER SETTINGS. The ENTIRE APN page is BLANK in my phone settings, so I'm trying to set up from scratch. I know there are more values to be entered than what they're sending me, but trying to get those people to understand that is frustrating to say thr least. I can't understand most of them. Definitely a language barrier. Thank you very much for your input.
    Attached Thumbnails Blu Vivo XL2 issues since upgrade to 7.0. Also wanted to say THANKS,and you guys are great!-20180124_013633.jpg  
    01-24-2018 01:58 PM
    B.Diddy, one more thing, I can't even search for networks because an error message appears, and the "choose a network" says already registered with network. So like I mentioned before, I am literally starting with a blank page, and dont know what hapened to any settings that were previously on phone or how to get them back. HELP!!
    01-24-2018 02:24 PM
    Can you edit or create an APN to look like this? https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/st...-apn-settings/
    01-24-2018 03:17 PM
    I have a Blu Vivo XL2 as well and i got mine in December and my husband got his back in the fall and neither one of had any problems until this update on 01/19. I had to go into my Apps to Google and then to Permissions and disable the microphone. Since then i have had no more problems with my calls or text messages. Except that now i am unable to use the microphone. And my battery is draining a lot faster. i called Blu products but they were no help. She wanted me to Factory Reset my phone and if that didn't work i was to call back to send them my phone. I told her it wasn't the phone it was the update. And from the looks of the internet there have been problems with this update since it came out back last spring. I do hope this helps.
    01-25-2018 09:38 AM
    It wouldn't be the first time that Blu messed up an update -- there was that infamous issue with the Blu Life One X2 where an update locked users out with a nonexistent PIN.

Try wiping the cache partition, if you haven't already. Follow the steps for a hardware key reset as described here, but instead of selecting Wipe Data, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition: http://www.devicehardreset.com/hard-...ce-hard-reset/. No personal data will be lost.
    01-25-2018 10:38 AM
    Thanks B.Diddy! Your input was very much appreciated.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-29-2018 03:28 PM
    Thank you for your input.
    01-29-2018 03:29 PM