Here I am again? Here's the deal, I've downloaded the necessary drivers located in zip files on my vivo xl2, and I need to upload them to my laptop. The problem is my laptop with windows xp pro o.s. won't let me do anything via usb tethered until drivers are installed !?!? I don't have internet connection on the LT to download the drivers, and I planned on using the phone to provide the connection. Make sense? How can I do this. Also, do I need to tether via the hot spot or what? I'm having a heck of a time, all I wanted to do was get these drivers onto my laptop. It all sounded like it was going to be a simple process. I am not familiar with extracting and installing, I can't even get them transferred. HELP! THANK YOU😁
    01-29-2018 03:57 PM
    What happens when you connect the phone via USB to the PC and swipe down the notification panel -- do you see a USB notification? If so, tap it and select MTP (or File Transfer). Does the phone then show up in Windows Explorer?

As an aside, I would strongly suggest upgrading your Windows version to something higher than XP. Microsoft stopped supporting XP a while ago, which mean no more security patches. That leaves you quite vulnerable to malware and security breaches.
    01-29-2018 07:25 PM
    Hi B. Diddy,
    I apologise for not getting back to you right away, but had a family emergency. Now that I'm back.....
    Yes, when I attached my phone to laptop via USB cable, I was able to get MTP File Transfer in notification menu, but COULD NOT FIND MY PHONE ANYWHERE ON PC. As for updating my laptop to a newer version of Windows from Xp, I'm unable to do that without Internet Service, and this takes me back to Square One, trying to install drivers for my Blu Vivo XL2 onto Laptop, and although I've downloaded the drivers in Zip File onto my phone, I can't seem to transfer those files to PC, and if I'm ever able to do that, how do I extract and install them, as I am not familiar with that process,(zips and extracting, etc.). I truly appreciate all the help and your advice.
    02-17-2018 08:39 AM
    Hello B.Diddy,
    I wrote to you on 02/17/18, and after I posted it, I got to thinking that I should've started a new thread, or not? I'm anxious to hear what you've got to say, regarding my recent post, and didn't know whether or not it would get to you or just be a continuation in previous thread. I'm really not clear as to how it all works on your end, and I don't mean to bother anyone. I hope I made sense. Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely, Michael B
    02-20-2018 07:27 AM