Android 9 Issues

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
How is the Android 9 update working for others?

I'm seeing some quirks on my XI+. One issue is that my hotspot tethering will no longer work with my Roku. This corresponds directly to after the update. Before the update I tethered it all the time. Now it connects but it will not connect to the internet.

Another device that connects to my hotspot Wi-Fi but will not connect to the internet, is my Amazon Echo.

Another issue is that I'm getting some weird behavior with my Chromecast. Some apps that used to cast, now do not. A specific one is Fox Sports. It won't even recognize my Chromecast.

On the plus side, the latest update seems to have fixed the problem with fingerprint scanning and facial recognition. I was having problems with a number of apps that would not recognize either. And, some apps would crash when trying to use them.

A problem that may still remain, is that when picking up my phone to unlock, if my finger is on the scanner and it recognizes my face my phone will restart.

bodayious

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my vivo 11+.
My hot spot stopped working after I updated to Pie.
I called BLU and we went thru several trouble shooting procedures with no luck.
They finally told me I needed to perform a hard reset. I did this but it still did not fix the problem.
I called BLU back today and then they tried to get me to send the phone in and charge me a fee to fix it. I asked him if there was a way to put it back to Oreo and they said that I would have to send the phone in and there would be a charge for that.
I use my hotspot a lot and I don't have great internet so the phone works really well for certain things and now it doesn't work. Very disappointed.

bodayious

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Might have a solution for you Hardcase.
I found this on another site.
This worked for me.

APN type - add DUN (in capitals) seperated by comma, in your Access Point Name settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12