ok Rooted, mem cleaned out from email now what

fanatic205

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So first off love this phone. Just rooted it installed busybox,setcpu, clockwork, superuser. Messed around with the email settings and some program cache settings freed up alot of low mem notifcations. What now? i was hoping to try to squeeze a 100 or so Mhz, and i really want to find a way to completly remove the stuff like telenav swype etc.

What am i missing on any apps really helpful for rooted phones. My fun with my nook color and the timing on the prevail made me jump on a android phone. I am just really looking for guidance on where ot go now and if we can overclock this thing any help will be aprrciated

Also totally down running early beta stuff on phone if anyone needs some guinepigs

Jason

PS since i rooted it my SD card randomly unmounts its a 4 gig class 4 sandisk

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So first off love this phone. Just rooted it installed busybox,setcpu, clockwork, superuser. Messed around with the email settings and some program cache settings freed up alot of low mem notifcations. What now? i was hoping to try to squeeze a 100 or so Mhz, and i really want to find a way to completly remove the stuff like telenav swype etc.

What am i missing on any apps really helpful for rooted phones. My fun with my nook color and the timing on the prevail made me jump on a android phone. I am just really looking for guidance on where ot go now and if we can overclock this thing any help will be aprrciated

Also totally down running early beta stuff on phone if anyone needs some guinepigs

Jason

PS since i rooted it my SD card randomly unmounts its a 4 gig class 4 sandisk

To remove system apps download titanium backup, useful thing to have around anyway. Be very very careful removing system apps as there is no custom recovery for your phone to fix it if you screw it up, though you might (I stress might) be able to push system apps back to the phone via the manufacturer recovery (I do not personally have a prevail so I can't say this with certain; I do play with my friends a lot, but havn't tried that). If that were possible you would have to do it via adb and you would need to have the system files on your computer (so not practical). Course if for some reason you do remove the wrong system apps and you can get to adb you can push shabbymod to fix most issues I would think.

Wow, bit of a run on sorry.

PS.
-I think Shabbypenguin just released 0.9 of his mod might check it out for something funky to test.

Reactions: minttobe

fanatic205

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i got the shabby mod last night very slick. phone runs alot smoother now. tryed to get flash installed but was a no go. im really hoping someone makes a kernal to get a 100mhz or so more out the phone.

Really wish they would of stuck another 128 megs or so onboard would of gladly paid a lil more.

Overall im pleased with the phone, the android platfrom is really fun to mess with. moding this phone was a breeze after bricking my nook a few times lol

thanks for the help

Jason

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i got the shabby mod last night very slick. phone runs alot smoother now. tryed to get flash installed but was a no go. im really hoping someone makes a kernal to get a 100mhz or so more out the phone.

Really wish they would of stuck another 128 megs or so onboard would of gladly paid a lil more.

Overall im pleased with the phone, the android platfrom is really fun to mess with. moding this phone was a breeze after bricking my nook a few times lol

thanks for the help

Jason

We have a non-adobe semi laggy flash player working on the optimus s, can't get the link right now but you might search through the threads for it. See if the apk works with your phone, obviously I have no idea, but it's worth a try.

fanatic205

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ill have to try that. so far i have 210mb of free system memory, before i rooted and ran shaggy mod HBOgo was laggy as hell. since the mod and uninstalling everything i didnt need HBO runs smooth so i figured id try a flash player out. Not to worried if i get a flash player to work or not would just be nice to have

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49