Samsung Prevail double lock on calls

bavila

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings,then accessibility, uncheck power button ends call. This will not fix the locking feature, though. I still haven't heard a solution for that

dalecarter1976

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just might have a solution for that double lock feature noid. I myself never had that problem on my Prevail. I just hit the PWR button but then i have to tap the digits area to get my keypad so it was just as painful. I did root my prevail and had CWM5, CTmod 3.6 and KoumaKernel 2.5 installed. I would strongly suggest not doing it as it caused my phone to brick 3 ......."THAT'S RIGHT!" .......3 times. lol. I dont know if it was KK or the CTmod that caused the issues making the Prevail a way worse phone than it already was but thank maker(s) of ODIN, I salvaged the poor 'lil thing each time without a hitch (Having to add in the "Boot.tar" once). I currently now have it re-rooted (lol) but no mods except for CWM5 (A MUST HAVE). Other than that, all stock with the ability to delete the pesky bloatware (like date apps which I don't need my woman thinking I DLed it) lol. Buuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt anyway, the target I'm tryin' to shoot at here is that one of those 2 mods that I wouldn't suggest placing inside this frail 'lil device has the feature to keep your phone from locking during a call. I did at times accidentally place a 3rd party call with my cheek not knowing it till I got my grandma on the other line yelling at me about my private conv with my woman. j/k...gramms has been gone for a while now but I thought it was funny. But I have put some serious thought in taking those unused mods and cracking into them to see if I can (hopefully) extract an apk of some sort that makes this work. Kouma's mod found here: KoumaKernel2.5_CWM.zip and CTmod's here: CTMod_Theme_Trippy_2.zip . ......Happy fishing. I know I'm gonna do it. For those who don't know how to tear into programs to get what you want, be patient for I will try to get it on here once I retrieve it myself (being yet still a novice at this).:p

rosetotem

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
We are having the same issue and, i,m ready to throw the dam thing away hate it.how to fix this find out please let me know.right now i feel its junk and, why the heck is it even there.

rosetotem

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
how can you get used to it if you cant get the dam lock off the screen to get to your keypad.you push at the top as it asks you it ends your call.this phone should be a recall it is bad bad bad

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This phone is and isn't great. First off this phone doesn't have a proximity censor that's why you have to always press the power button to turn the screen on. Very irritating coming from another phone in which I never ever needed to use the power button except for rebooting or turning it off. Also running a rom CTmod 3.75.2 as mentioned along with the kernel DOES NOT brick the phone, it's only when you either flashed the rom the wrong way or didn't do the proper steps of wiping everything before flashing. Yes I'm on the so called rom right now and no issues from my end-just saying. But back to the issue of the double lock, yes it's enough to make anyone go mad but for Samsung to make it where it doesn't accidentally turn off or turn on from your pocket or purse; I'd assume it's for that reason. :eek:

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2