I use my current phone primarily for calls and texting and have a pay-as-you-go plan with another company. I also want to know if I can add any apps of my choosing to phones with your service.
    06-06-2016 01:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can use your phone as a hotspot as long as you pay for the service: https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/...obile-hotspot/

I'm not sure what Boost's unlock policy is--I can't find it on their website, so you may have to call them and ask. In order to use your phone abroad, it would have to be carrier unlocked, and prepaid MVNOs might require you to wait for 6-12 months before you can unlock the phone. In addition, you'd have to make sure the phone works on the GSM network--Boost primarily uses CDMA, so it's possible a bunch of their phones are only compatible with CDMA and not GSM.

And in case you weren't sure, we are not affiliated with Boost, nor any other company. This is an independent community forum.
    06-07-2016 08:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can use your phone as a hotspot as long as you pay for the service: https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/...obile-hotspot/

I'm not sure what Boost's unlock policy is--I can't find it on their website, so you may have to call them and ask. In order to use your phone abroad, it would have to be carrier unlocked, and prepaid MVNOs might require you to wait for 6-12 months before you can unlock the phone. In addition, you'd have to make sure the phone works on the GSM network--Boost primarily uses CDMA, so it's possible a bunch of their phones are only compatible with CDMA and not GSM.

And in case you weren't sure, we are not affiliated with Boost, nor any other company. This is an independent community forum.
    Boost is not. MVNO, they are owned 100℅ by Sprint......Boost is on Sprint network. CDMA only...
    Your better off to buy an unlocked world phone that uses GSM ....CDMA is old technology

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 01:49 AM
    Fair enough, but that's kind of splitting hairs--Boost tends to be grouped together with other MVNOs because it essentially acts like one. And just because the network is CDMA doesn't mean that their phones don't also have GSM capability, which I mentioned in my post.
    08-10-2016 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD