What phones are you running on Boost?

gearhead_eng

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using my Galaxy S5 that I migrated over from Sprint. This has been a good phone and I'm currently running CM13 6.0.1 with no major complaints. Recently my USB port has been causing issues and I have the parts to fix that, but in the mean time I'm thinking about which phone I'll go to next.

I'm thinking about either the Galaxy S7 Edge or the Note 5. I know that these aren't on the approved list yet and there are some ways around that. If my S5 can hang on till April, it'll most likely be on the list by then.

Anyway, what are y'all running on Boost and how do you like it?

rothe

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not on Boost myself, but just set up a friend with an Amazon-sourced HTC One A9. I just moved from Virgin Mobile and was confident that coverage would be good for him, so I recommended that he switch from his $100/month Verizon plan to Boost at $35/month. As expected, coverage has been spot on, but that's entirely location dependent. We already knew based on my experience, so no surprise here.

As for the phone, I'm very impressed. I mentioned that I just switched from VM (also on Sprint's network), but I wanted to go with an unlocked HTC 10, so I'm now on AT&T GoPhone. But seeing his super-thin One A9 has me a little jealous. It offers 99% of the functionality that my flagship phone does, but at 1/4 the purchase price ($150 for his, $600 for mine).

He's on a slightly cheaper plan ($35/mo) vs my $40, which I consider negligible.

Overall, that Boost-branded HTC One A9 was a killer deal.

gearhead_eng

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good deal on the HTC One. I didn't think about that phone.

I ended up changing to a ZTE Axon 7 on H2O wireless. I get unlimited talk/text and 8gb of LTE on the ATT network for $36 per month. I'm really happy with the Axon 7 so far.

bksalt

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Been with Boost for many years has worked flawlessly for me on win phone/3-LG phones and now my Samsung Galaxy S6. I cant say enough good things about Boost. My GF and I are on the family unlimited plan $30.00 a month you cant beat that. :cool:

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
A good friend of mine has some Ultra crappy $20 Boost phone that she got from Best Buy a year ago. He was very low on money and other than 8 gigabytes of storage ZTE phone has been pretty what is the weirdest she's dropped it a hundred times and it's never even scratched in the voice quality on that thing is so wonderful. Other than that it's a cheap piece of crap.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I have Sprint not boost but I have two Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Samsung Galaxy J-3 emerge and an iPhone 5S on there wondering if I ever chose to change the Boost what would I do just unlock my phones and bring them to boost. All the funds in my account are grade and work excellent period If I upgraded today would probably be to a J-3 emerge

KerryNoApple

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
You could bring your iPhone from Sprint to Boost easily with a boost sim kit available at the boost store for 10 bucks, but your other two will have to be bought directly from boost mobile as they have two separate versions despite being the same network.( Your sprint phone numbers will migrate rather than port since the move would be lateral within the same network. )