Which is the best browser to use for android?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I like Chrome's setup where you can pull down the page and it automatically refreshes instead of pressing the 3 dots on Firefox to refresh.
But Chrome uses up more battery usage.

KatkaV

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I use Surfy Browser. But I'm biased because I'm one of the creators. Surfy Browser is a brand new browser for Android and has quite a few features that make it unique and a pleasure to use. Such as fingerprint reader to lock the app, bookmarks or a browsing session; and real swipable tabs, text-to-speech, and much more.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been a long time user of chrome but recently started turning everything else on my phone dark/black with Layers in order to save battery.
Layers doesn't work with chrome so went looking for an alternative.

Tried Mozilla Firefox with dark add-in, but it's slow as molasses.

Tried Lightning browser and it works great for me:
"inverted" mode turns pages black with white text (but doesn't invert photos).
It's fast, just like chrome (unlike Firefox).
It had ad-blocking if you buy the pro version
Simple interface. Tabs on top.

Con's
No syncing of bookmarks.
I was interested in lighting browser but seems recent updates have reduced performance...shame..

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Pyrope (based on Gello browser and Chromium) is my favorite browser. It's fast, has night mode, immersive mode, power save mode, supports background audio and pages can be saved for offline reading.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Firefox is my primary browser on my desktop and laptop so it just makes everything easier to use it as my default browser on my smartphone too. Of course that's just what works out best for me, of course your browsing needs will be different than mine.
One thing I like to keep track of is html5 support in my browsers, try going to:
https://html5test.com/
using whichever browser you do prefer. Do a test and the results page will show a score number along with a listing of all the various items being checked (click on any of them and you'll be pointed to a corresponding explanation link). There's also a 'other browsers' tab showing scores of other browsers you can use to gauge your preferred browser to. A browser with a high score will more than likely be a more stable and capable one as you bounce around online to different sites but that's more of an objective thing. Subjectively, the user interface aspect is really important too so don't ignore that either. I don't think there is a 'best' browser, they're all pretty capable, it's more a matter of what meets your needs and preferences.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Is time for the OP of this..Thread or question about
which is the best -Mobile browser- To come up with
the winner Google:Chrome with around 24 votes
and close this sort of Poll. Just suggesting-Bye

averen09

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
During nokia days, im a fan of opera mini, very good at data compression and very fluid and fast however upon entering the android era at the start of 2010, there are no browser that can be tagged as the best browser for android until on 2013 i think when google releases chrome for android, thats the turning point of my browsing life, chrome was very stable very fast and can render web pages very good until now, im in love with chrome and thar will never change.

AssAssinP5

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Chrome = battery + ram eater
UC = rich with advertisement
Firefox = heavy
Safari = less featured
Torch = advertisement load
Opera = best android browser <3 [link redacted by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Of course it all depends on personal requirements. On my desktop I use Chrome and as 2nd browser Firefox.
My experience is that Firefox on Android is much, much too slow. I use Chrome on Android now.
However, on my Samsung tablet I would like to have a browser
- with a decent built in password manager, autofilling login fields
- blocks ads
- syncs with Chrome desktop
- does not reload all open tabs on relaunch (like e.g. Chrome), but start with the my default home page
- allow opening sites in a separate tab
- fast
- does not spy on you (when using passwords)

Many 'reviews' do not touch such matters.

Now, Samsung Internet Browser is a fine browser, with many positive comments. There are hardly in depth reviews though.
At best it is summed up only along with the rest, with a very short comment.

Because of that it hardly gets any attention...

Does it have an adblocker? does it have a password protected built in password manager?
It has a chrome extension, but I believe it is for bookmarks only.

I am looking for a decent alternative to Chrome on Android, but I don't know which one to choose.
Opera, Brave...?

Appreciate views.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Of course it all depends on personal requirements. On my desktop I use Chrome and as 2nd browser Firefox.
My experience is that Firefox on Android is much, much too slow. I use Chrome on Android now.
However, on my Samsung tablet I would like to have a browser
- with a decent built in password manager, autofilling login fields
- blocks ads
- syncs with Chrome desktop
- does not reload all open tabs on relaunch (like e.g. Chrome), but start with the my default home page
- allow opening sites in a separate tab
- fast
- does not spy on you (when using passwords)

Many 'reviews' do not touch such matters.

Now, Samsung Internet Browser is a fine browser, with many positive comments. There are hardly in depth reviews though.
At best it is summed up only along with the rest, with a very short comment.

Because of that it hardly gets any attention...

Does it have an adblocker? does it have a password protected built in password manager?
It has a chrome extension, but I believe it is for bookmarks only.

I am looking for a decent alternative to Chrome on Android, but I don't know which one to choose.
Opera, Brave...?

Appreciate views.
Samsung Browser does all that for me, with the caveat that I think Samsung's password manager works only if the device has a fingerprint sensor. So it would depend on your tablet.