What does work better? Donation or Pro version.

Tuan Le Anh

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Many (free apps) developers ask users for supporting by 1) buying donation package, or 2) buying separated Pro version (of course with some enhancements).
What do say your experiences: Donation package or pro version does better?
Thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That would depend entirely on the app. I have donated many times and paid for apps, sometimes I just donate to the app even though I may not use it much but I like to support developers who support the user community. Like ROM developers, I always liked helping them.

Now a developer who offers a basic/lite app and an enhanced/pro version for a small fee well that is an app you really have to ask am I going to use the advanced features and if so then its worth donating. But again sometimes I just buy the app to support the community. I have purchased countless apps both Android (and iOS, and WindowsPhone, etc) just to help someone keep their passion for developing going.

Its not charity in either case, but supporting the community and getting something in return.

gob0

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

after testing ads (google, mopub and a third one -lost the name-), we decided to go like Raptor007 and offers free limited app and full app.

It's too soon to tell if it's a good thing or not to earn money but i can say for sure:
- developer (me) is happy to avoid ads frameworks and the "i don't want an intersticial right now. OMG!".
- designer is VERY happy to be able to use all the screen (otherwise, you can ear sounds like "ok, 320px is NOT SO BIG on a 960px wide")