01-31-2021 10:32 PM
76 1234
tools
    I just purchased the TCL 10 Pro...
    Do you feel you get decent quality images on this I am tired of Editing everything I Shoot. I use "Photo Editor" by DevMcGyver for Higher Quality. This Stock Editor is not bad, but (most) Hack down Size. (Biggest concern is detail in Close-ups. Not EZ to achieve.)
    I'm into photography as a hobby, and even my DSLR pics require editing (my last photo shoot took about 5 hours on one photo due to a steep learning curve on sharpening). Editing in photography is almost a way of life if you are looking for more than point and shoot quality. I do love that Photo Editor app, though. It's a hidden gem in the sea of filter based apps that think editing means putting animal ears and rainbows on everything.

That said, TCL isn't a well known brand for phones. I'm certain you'll find better options out there, but you will have to pay a higher price for them. For point and shoot, I would consider Samsung as well. If you want manual controls, look at LG's V-series line. Even their V60 is getting up to par with Samsung and Pixel for auto modes, which use to be their weakness.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-10-2021 03:35 PM
    I used to have a Nokia 7.1.
    Not a great camera. It was serviceable. Worked great with gboard. It's on the android one program. Look at its successor.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-10-2021 04:57 PM
    I used to photograph for the local papers and did weddings, sports, etc. Lightroom and presets became a way of life.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-10-2021 04:58 PM
    Haa. Rainbows + Animal Ears. Never crosses my mind. Cool you like Photo Editor too. Yeas, a Hidden Gem at very Least.

I need images worthy of Gallery Submission.
    Asking a lot, I Know.
    You are both right, maybe Editing IS A WAY OF LIFE. But Oh, I get SO TIRED (esp when I have a headache).
    Asking for just Focused Images, is that too much❓

I will look at the Nokia Series & Samsung, tho I may want A lot for my $.(TCL 10 Pro seemed to have a lot of bang for the buck.
    What do u all think of the One Plus Series as a better point & shoot ?
    Looks like no one has them available tho.
    Thank u for your input !
    01-10-2021 06:31 PM
    I got my s20 fe for an incredible price. If you can spring for it, its a great device, especially when on sale in the 550.00 price point.
    BEaRebel and J Dubbs like this.
    01-10-2021 07:56 PM
    Totally be willing to go for 550$ range.
    Hope I can find it.
    Thank you TBoD !
    01-11-2021 12:34 PM
    Here are the specs on current phone.

Does this look somewhat similar?
    - except CPU
    No wireless charging (never had)

Also Questionable updates ...

Question-
    Is the phone you have slightly narrow?
    I'm petite build, but long fingers.

Overall this phone is Extremely Responsive.
    Just need better Images !
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-screenshot_2021-01-11-12-59-18-555.jpg  
    01-11-2021 01:20 PM
    The 20fe is bigger then my note 2 from back in the day lol.
    It has the 800 series processor, 120ghz refresh rate, 6gb ram. Android 11 just started rolling out. Updates won't be the fastest but I love the device. I'm not even using a launcher. I'm using it with their one ui interface which is still on 2.5. Battery life fantastic. Microsd slot, wifi 6, and more.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-11-2021 04:51 PM
    I was just looking at my images from my
    Huawei Mate SE, and the Detail is better than this TCL. How is this possible ❓
    A Double tap on an Image of a Seahorse, I can see his Eyelashes.
    Thought I would be upgrading. This is Unnerving.

TBoD ! Looking at the 20fe, 599$ is lowest (128) I can find unless I go to dual sim (256). (B&H photo).

Only have until 31st to return this (^O^).
    01-14-2021 01:18 PM
    I have the 128gb model.
    I can try and upload some snapshots if you want.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-14-2021 01:25 PM
    Here are two snapshots I just took while at my desk without any playing around. Damn my keyboard is dirty. Only a small desk lamp no other lighting.
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-1125.jpg  
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-14-2021 01:28 PM
    TonyBoD, Roba5263, B Diddy,

Does this look like an Image that a 64 mp camera should take ?
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-img_20210121_152018.jpg  
    01-23-2021 12:23 PM

No, but mostly because the forum heavily compresses and reduces the resolution of the photo.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-23-2021 12:33 PM
    No, but mostly because the forum heavily compresses and reduces the resolution of the photo.
    Exactly.
    Same as if you sent it via mms. Otherwise this site would need more space to host things.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-23-2021 12:35 PM

Apart from the file compression on the forums mentioned above, it does look a bit blurry. How close to the flower were you holding the phone? Were you using the macro lens? Remember that the macro lens is only 5 MP, not 64 MP.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-23-2021 01:43 PM
    Actually not too close... auto, iso 438, file was 3.06mb
    01-23-2021 03:58 PM
    Actually not too close... auto, iso 438, file was 3.06mb
    Given that file size, I'm thinking that wasn't a 64MP photo. 64MP photos on my phone are over 10MB (and they look like junk too, due to the tiny individual pixel size and extra image noise). My phone will also default to the pixel binned 16MP size, which look much better. Even if I set it to 64MP, if I leave the app and come back to it, it resets. In manual mode, 64MP isn't even an option.

I'm guessing your phone did the same, switching to 16MP. Mine are still larger than that, so I'm thinking yours also has a lower bit depth or extra compression applied. Or perhaps an even lower resolution was set.
    BEaRebel likes this.
    01-23-2021 04:19 PM
    ...it does look a bit blurry.
    True. It would be helpful to know the exposure time. That may tell us if it's focus or motion blur (I.e. Camera shake).
    B. Diddy and BEaRebel like this.
    01-23-2021 04:31 PM
    Need help finding a new phone!-screenshot_2021-01-23-16-18-11-960.jpg

These are the specs of that image.
    01-23-2021 04:59 PM
    In comparison

This was taken with the
    Huawei Mate SE
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-download_20210123_161715.jpg  
    01-23-2021 05:01 PM
    And here some specs of that image.
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-download_20210123_161721.jpg  
    01-23-2021 05:03 PM
    The rest of the specs.

For a low MP camera, it just may be better with detail (?)

So now it says my SD card on the Huawei (replaced phone) is bad & needs replaced.

Does the fun EVER END ???
    Attached Thumbnails Need help finding a new phone!-download_20210123_161719.jpg  
    01-23-2021 05:07 PM
    My guess is there was a focusing and subject distance issue. A 1/33" exposure should be fast enough to not be affected by camera shake unless it was just very wobbly. It also looks like you were less than a foot away from the flower.

If the file info screenshot from the TCL is correct (you initially said it had a different ISO, so are you sure you uploaded the correct one?), the resolution is a bit under 10MP, but the focal length matches the main 64MP camera. So I'm guessing you were using the main camera, but saving in a lower resolution.

That's a big deal, because the aperture of the 64MP camera on the TCL is wider than that of the Huawei. f/1.8 to f/2.2 may not sound like much, but the differences are exaggerated as apertures get wider (it's an inverse ratio, so a smaller number is a wider aperture). One of which being the depth of field. When you focus on a spot, DoF is how far in front and behind that spot that is also in focus. While a wider aperture helps with low light, the trade-off is a narrower DoF. That's simply lens physics and not something that can be "fixed." Sensor size and subject distance also plays a role in DoF.

Taking a closer look, parts of the flower in the TCL photo are in focus, but other parts are not. It also looks like you were fairly close, a foot away at most. I tried to calculate that info, and it shows a DoF of 2.76". In other words, at 1 foot distance from the subject, just over an 1" in front and behind the focal point will be in focus. For something like that flower, the blurring makes sense now. It was harder to get an accurate number for the Huawei, but it looks like at a foot, the DoF is around 4.5", due mostly to the narrower aperture.

So all that said, back up and try again with the TCL and see if it's any better. Moving further back will increase the DoF so you can get more in focus. It doesn't have to be much, either. Moving from 1 foot to 1'3" changes the TCL DoF from 2.76" to 4.37". At 1'6", DoF is 6.38". The downside is this means your composure/perspective changes some, and you'll have to crop the photo to only include the flower. Such is photography, everything is a trade-off.
    BEaRebel and J Dubbs like this.
    01-23-2021 06:29 PM
    Holy ****e Doobe
    Mooncatt

Serious Stuff.

I'll Try Again ✨
    Mooncatt likes this.
    01-25-2021 09:12 PM
    Holy ****e Doobe
    Mooncatt

Serious Stuff.

I'll Try Again
    I can either be clear, or concise, but rarely both. Lol.
    J Dubbs and BEaRebel like this.
    01-25-2021 09:19 PM
76 1234