Need help finding a new phone!

roba5263

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm a regular over at crackberry. I have come to the conclusion that there are no new keyboard devices on the horizon and I would like to sell my RED Key2 while it still has value. I'm not fully ready to give up the pkb, but I know my time is running out. Any recommendations on a new phone that meets the list below? Thanks for your help!
1. Customizable convenience key
2. 6GB / 128 GB with micro SD (exFAT compatible)
3. 6+ inch AMOLED screen
4. Quality cameras, something I have never really had since the PRIV (at best).
5. $500ish price range.
6. Android 10
7. snapdragon 66x or better
8. 4000mah battery or better
9. Fingerprint sensor
10. Stereo speakers
11. Headphone jack
12. Notification LED
13. Metal / nonglass frame

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I think most people on this forum including myself will suggest the pixel 3A series. Very affordable, excellent cameras on the pixel phones of course, stock clean Android build. And of course Google pixel phones get the fastest software they straight from Google!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, fellow CrackBerry user! It's good to see you here! Yeah, physical keyboards seem to be going by the wayside, unfortunately... A very sad trend, if I do say so myself.

Pixel is indeed a good option. I've read on here that the 3a line is getting exhausted - there may not be that many left! It's still worth looking into, however.

However, if you can wait a little bit longer, the 4a will hopefully be on the horizon soon. It may not meet your budget but if you do sell your red BB phone in the next bit, that may help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I like my LG V50. Serves me well in most of your lists. Can be had for an attractive price as well.

The V-series in general has some of the best phones around, especially when it comes to the camera and their famed headphone jacks powered from a Quad DAC. If you can stretch your budget, you may find a good deal on the V60 (depending on carrier offers), or possibly get a used one. I've also heard a lot of good things about the LG G8X, but it's not one I've personally looked into.

They won't tick every box on your list, but I'm not aware of any phone that would.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the only phones right now with a customizable convenience button are Samsung Galaxy phones (with the Bixby button). The LG V series has a Google Assistant button, but I don't think that can be repurposed.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the only phones right now with a customizable convenience button are Samsung Galaxy phones (with the Bixby button). The LG V series has a Google Assistant button, but I don't think that can be repurposed.
I can turn it off on my V60. Does that count? Lol

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if there are root solutions for it? Since the OP listed it as #1, I figured it's pretty important to them.
From what I've seen, root isn't available period. Not even sure if anyone is researching it.

EDIT: I'm speaking of the V60 specifically. I haven't looked into the other models.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am thinking a Samsung A series like the A71. I think it has the headphone jack. If not the A51 may have. But most of the rest of the speck list could be covered. Just a thought.

And welcome to Android Central

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking a Samsung A series like the A71. I think it has the headphone jack. If not the A51 may have. But most of the rest of the speck list could be covered. Just a thought.

And welcome to Android Central

Just bought the A71. Highly recommend. Has headphone jack and expandable storage!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Possibly the Nokia 7.2/ upcoming 7.3? Or look at the ZTE Axon 10. Has almost everything on the list. I remember the Axon 7 and that was just flat out amazing.

hammer40

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I was a long time Blackberry user. I believe I had 14 different models thru the years. Very bummed about their demise. I went with a OnePlus 7T. While I miss the keyboard, I enjoy the phone. And, still feel like I'm rooting for the "little" guy.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm a regular over at crackberry. I have come to the conclusion that there are no new keyboard devices on the horizon and I would like to sell my RED Key2 while it still has value. I'm not fully ready to give up the pkb, but I know my time is running out. Any recommendations on a new phone that meets the list below? Thanks for your help!
3. 6+ inch AMOLED screen
5. $500ish price range.
6. Android 10
9. Fingerprint sensor
10. Stereo speakers
11. Headphone jack
12. Notification LED
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Note 9 actually checks just about all these boxes. The only thing is that it's nearing the end of support, will probably stay on Android 10 forever and about 1 more year is security updates...maybe a bit more if they surprise us.
I mentioned that phone mostly for the near extinct notification LED and 4000mAh battery.

Andy Horne

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
3. 6+ inch AMOLED screen
5. $500ish price range.
6. Android 10
9. Fingerprint sensor
10. Stereo speakers
11. Headphone jack
12. Notification LED

Anyone tried the Unihertz Titan?

Forum statistics

Threads