Top 3 best camera phones, todays date 2021?

BigDisplay

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
Which phone is the best pick if you say so.
Best camera, best running software and hardware all together.
Which one to buy in your opinion?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! And that is a great question!

My first thought was the Google Pixel 5. Phenomenal camera and software; timely and regular software updates; and gorgeous hardware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd go for a Pixel 5, or maybe hold out a little while longer to see what the Pixel 6 is like.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
LG V60 for me. Best set of manual controls you'll find (for photos and video), paired up with good hardware. I don't care for all the software gimmicks other phones use.

The down side is LG is leaving the smartphone market, so this is the last of the V-series.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsung hands down has the best camera hardware available globally with excellent software to go with it.

Google has better computational photography and was best prior to 2020 but they've stagnated on hardware and fell behind both Samsung and Apple since.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Samsung S21 ultra is very good. Not sure how good it is at moving objects like pets and children, but I know the Pixels have great cameras for moving objects. But the Samsung has more versatility.

Warren Green1

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
For me still the Pixel but Samsung has the best versatile camera system. Loving my Pixel 3 still but Google really needs to setup their camera if they wanna be considered the best camera in a smart phone.

BigDisplay

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I ended up with the S21 Ultra and I like it... Even I swear not to buy and support Samsung again few years ago LOL, now I have this and the S7+ tab.
I really don't like the OS at all and the phone really are a slow starter when I turn on the phone. My old Mate 20X starts on few seconds.

Hell of a camera for sure.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I ended up with the S21 Ultra and I like it... Even I swear not to buy and support Samsung again few years ago LOL, now I have this and the S7+ tab.
I really don't like the OS at all and the phone really are a slow starter when I turn on the phone. My old Mate 20X starts on few seconds.

Hell of a camera for sure.

So glad you made a purchasing decision, and a great one at that with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra! Hope you are enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing your picture posts in the S21 Ultra camera photos sub-forums!

BigDisplay

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
So glad you made a purchasing decision, and a great one at that with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra! Hope you are enjoying it! Looking forward to seeing your picture posts in the S21 Ultra camera photos sub-forums!
Hehehe thx, but I actually ended up selling it again 6 weeks ago and bought the xiaomi mi 11 ultra which I like a lot more... Especially since the MIUI 12.5 update which is totally set another direction for xiaomi with their software.

I could not live with Sammy software, I don't like it anymore... Sad to say.

And then I bought a brand new Huawei Mate 20 x, which I missed so much, can't live without the big display I must admit.
My first one died and then I bought the S21 ultra which was a big fail for me.

So here a little family picture
42e7aade97382c44dae96083dc51841e.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hehehe thx, but I actually ended up selling it again 6 weeks ago and bought the xiaomi mi 11 ultra which I like a lot more... Especially since the MIUI 12.5 update which is totally set another direction for xiaomi with their software.

I could not live with Sammy software, I don't like it anymore... Sad to say.

And then I bought a brand new Huawei Mate 20 x, which I missed so much, can't live without the big display I must admit.
My first one died and then I bought the S21 ultra which was a big fail for me.

So here a little family picture
42e7aade97382c44dae96083dc51841e.jpg

That's so awesome! Thank you for keeping us posted about what you decided to trade up for instead!

mark2306

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
I believe that mate20 is more a work phone and ultra has a lot of feature that nobody use im actually on m31 and with animation set to 0 it actually run like a high end phone with plenty of natter for just 240 euros

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Pixel 6 pro will likely be the camera king this year

S21 ultra takes amazing photos but shutter lag is an issue

13 pro max with the bigger sensors will be top 3 for sure

BigDisplay

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I believe that mate20 is more a work phone and ultra has a lot of feature that nobody use im actually on m31 and with animation set to 0 it actually run like a high end phone with plenty of natter for just 240 euros
I dont use any animations or circus to on my phones. So as you say, i don't use most of the stuff. But what i also like on the MI 11 Ultra, is the back display, its pretty usefull when i get messages etc.
Always prefer best speed and battery life my self. So its dangerous fast and smooth.
And the MI 11 Ultra 12gb 256gb can be bought for around 600€, its a pretty good price.

Cant comment at Pixel and Iphone cameras, never had a Pixel and only had 1 iphone (work phone) 7 years ago