Currently have an iPhone X and I hate the software. Looking to upgrade my phone.. although I’m searching for a software that immediately notifies you one a Kijiji advert (Canadian Craigslist) is posted you have set alerts for.

I’m not talking 10 minutes after the ad Is posted but “immediately” as the classified advert is posted.

Previous friend had owned a Hiawei P90 phone running “IceCreamCone 9.1”. As I was told apparently this operating software notified you as ads where posted if notifications where set.

Does your phone do this, if so what phone and OS are you running?

Many thanks
    08-01-2021 07:59 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Must be a Canadian thing , I'm in the US and my Samsung,pixels,one plus and iphone 11 pro don't have those ads .
    08-01-2021 08:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't use Kijiji, but if it's coded well, then it should trigger a notification as soon as the appropriate criteria is met. However, delays could be caused by the phone itself, if the firmware designed to aggressively kill apps in the background (in a misguided attempt to save battery). Samsung and Huawei phones are fairly notorious for this kind of thing: https://dontkillmyapp.com/. One of the things you'd have to do is to make sure Battery Optimization is turned off for the app in the system settings.
    08-01-2021 09:10 PM