Best Aux cable

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I am looking for an Aux cable to stream music from my Note 9 with that beloved headphone jack. I have one already currently that works fine, but I am wondering if the quality is better from brand to brand? I am looking at one from Anker and they are usually top notch.

Also, on a side note, why do 3.5mm adapters (dongle) always stop working?! I hate them! I swear with just a regular aux cable, I have never had this problem. Some Aux cables in the past I had had literally for years that still worked fine.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's all in the quality of build and cable material...and actually one of the main drivers (besides cost) behind no more physical ports. Cables bend, stress, and snap. A wireless connection doesn't. The main difference in cables besides manufacturing quality, is the material/gauge of the cable being used. Another problem with Aux cables is that, if they become long enough, they act as antennas and can introduce noise to the connection if not properly grounded/isolated.

As for why adapters don't last, well... same as above: build quality.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Wireless connections also have to be charged. A wired connection will also give better overall sound quality.

Personally, I have really never had an issue with any aux cables. They have always lasted me a long time. Or perhaps I'm just not rough with them.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
True on the charging part, but a wireless 'base' seldom gets moved around and disconnected/re-connected several times a day. And no 'free lunch', right? Going wireless IS, regardless of how far BT and WiFi-Direct audio connections have come, a downgrade in audio quality from wired. Will that be something that most need/notice? Not in 'general consumer' land.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another option would be to look into a portable headphone DAC/amp. Those usually come with decent cables, and they'll drive high impedance headphones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer