Is it a lot of headache to own both iPhone and Android?

collegeboi87

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I am daily user of iphone 11 pro and deep in apple ecosystem (ipad pro, airpods, ATV, Homepods). Before I got iphone, I had Nexus 6P and Pixel 2 XL. Thinking now of getting either new Pixel 6a or refurbished S22 as secondary phone I would use part time. I am daily Cloud user syncing photos and no longer use Google Photos as much since they discontinued "unlimited" compressed storage for photos, but found a solution to it so I can get photos from Android device synced to iCloud.

I would swap SIM card between two minding registering iMessage on/off and RCS on Android. I use Signal Messenger for cross-platform IM. For emails, calendars use Google which is easily available on both platofrms.

Once I get iphone 15 pro or so which I anticipate to be e-sim only, I will probably get a second line for cheap unless my carrier won't limit free e-sim switching.

One of the reasons for me to use Android will be to get taste of 5G, Android 12/13 (last I used was Android 10), and easier integration with my Linux workstation.

I am pretty much Apple guy who likes Apple ecosystem but likes to leave "walled garden" once in a while and have also Chromecast, Google Home, Linux laptop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I know @mustang7757 uses both ecosystems regularly, as I'm sure a lot of others on this forum do. I'm sure they can weigh in!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I use an iPhone 13 and a pixel 4A currently. I use the same google apps on the iPhone as on the pixel and all except the assistant work as they should. The assistant on the iPhone has to be touched first to wake her up which means I need to actually pick up the iPhone, but not a big deal especially. If need be I can always holler at Siri if I can't get right to the phone. I prefer the assistant over Siri quite a lot. Just seems more intuitive and smarter.
I think using the same google apps probably makes it a lot easier. I switch back and forth whenever I get a hankerin' for a change. A headache? No. Fun? Yes.

Last edited:

collegeboi87

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I have OG Galaxy Watch which I have paired with iPhone. I’d like to get AW so I could pair Galaxy Watch with Android again and restore Samsung Pay. Switching between iPhone and Android on Samsung watch is pita. It requires full reset.

For international travel I will still use unlocked iPhone since it’s more fully compatible with cellular networks around the world than Pixel in limited number of countries (VoLTE, VoWifi).

This is what prevented getting for my relatives abroad Pixel 5a, because they don’t live in country officially supported by Google so I got instead for them Samsung A52S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret