Main thing to consider in all phone or any phone before buying

Skamath

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I got a Xiaomi 3s Prime from India and it looked very promising at roughly INR9000. When it arrived I soon realised I had a major issue with it as it had limited bands and the ones that were on the phone were of little or no use to me in Australia.

So I did some research in androids phones and realised that there are many many many phones with different names but similar specs. This Xiaomi Redmi 3s "international version had all the bands one can think of and slightly higher price than the one I got. All called different names with next to nothing in terms of specs.

My suggestion is to make a mini list of all the things that you would need from your phone and start with frequency/ bands as the 1st one on it followed with processor and the RAM and all the itty bitty things you would need in the phone. That way atleast you don't have to wait for the phone to be returned and one more to arrive.

In my case the only difference in the two phones is the frequency/bands of the network. Instead of it being called 3s prime was called 3S international version.
Hope my 2 bobs worth helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! Yes, this is crucial information to know -- especially if you buy an "international" phone, or any phone not sold directly through your carrier.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, very good tip indeed. I love making lists and I've made charts of the phones I was interested in to try and narrow down my decision - lists and charts = cool beans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol