Alternatives to the Huawei Nexus 6P?

jandroid67

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I was sort of set on getting the 6P. It has supposedly one of the best cameras and seems to be an overall great phone, but I really had hoped that the price on these dang things would drop with BF/ cyber Monday... anyway... looking for good alternatives at about $400 -

A quality camera is important to me. How about the Honor 8? Maybe there are some good deals on the LG V20 because it is so new? What other phones would you folks recommend?

I use PagePlus FWIW. Thanks for your input!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If camera is a priority, Google Pixel/Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, iPhone 7/7+, Moto Z Force. In the $400 range, have you looked at the OnePlus 3T?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the Honor device would be a great bet! A good bang for your buck. There's a Buyer's Guide here in this forum page that recommends that device in a few different categories. Good luck!

johnh3

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
A Chinese company Vernee have just launched "Vernee Apollo" with a 21 MP camera (Sony sensor)
Might be a option. Going for $250 if you pre-order it on GearBest for a limited time. Will go upp to $299 later as I understand it. For the software they got a stock android skin with basicly no modifications.

They have also been good with updates in their older models.

jandroid67

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
This is still a tough call.. Honor 8 will not work b/c it's not a CDMA phone. I would go with the LG G5, but there seem to be A LOT of issues with it.. Still would love to see the 6P price go down. Maybe I can wait it out till another price drop before Christmas? It could happen...

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Honor 8 sounds like a good fit for you also maybe lookin into the Axon 7. I've heard a lot about it and it seems to be a good device. If you really want the 6p you can get it for around 350-400 from ebay, swappa or gazelle. I personally always go with eBay or swappa and it seems to be the cheapest way to go

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
A Chinese company Vernee have just launched "Vernee Apollo" with a 21 MP camera (Sony sensor)
Might be a option. Going for $250 if you pre-order it on GearBest for a limited time. Will go upp to $299 later as I understand it. For the software they got a stock android skin with basicly no modifications.

They have also been good with updates in their older models.

I found this phone just the other whilst browsing potential new but cheap phones.
Sounds really intriguing. They certainly seem to big it up.... Really want to see some reviews of this....
Do you know any more about it?

johnh3

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
They have some YouTube videos about (Vernee Apollo) it but more PR stuff. I guess we see a real review in late december. I can add that Vernee will attend in Mobile World Congress 2017. So I think it are a brand on the rise.

jusiamchez112

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Really the Nexus 6P uses the same screen panel used in the Galaxy S6? That would make the Nexus 6P as good as the Galaxy S6 at least as far as screen is concerned but the Galaxy S6 has a insane 577 PPI compared to the Nexus 6P's 518 PPI.