I've pre-ordered Huawei Mate 9 Pro but as the release is nearing, I'm kinda wondering if I'm making a mistake.
    It does seem to be a great phone, so that's not where my hesitation lies. Although it does seem odd how few recommendations it sees from reviewers albeit it's the regular model that most review. The Pro model is pretty much the Porsche model without the Porsche logo and 128 GB storage instead of 256.

We're looking at a interesting 2017 with a host of new stuff coming out whereas you could say the Mate 9 closes out 2016.
    We got (in no particular order) bezel-less designs, embedded fingerprint scanners, Bluetooth 5, 10nm SoCs, category 16 LTE modems and more coming next year.

So we're close to seeing a lot of new great devices; of course that doesn't invalidate current models at all.

Second thing is that I'm so used to constantly flashing new ROMs, kernels and other mods. There is no indication that Huawei phones will see any of the development we see on Qualcomm-based devices.

I guess I should say that I'm coming from an LG G2 which is aging gracefully because it has such a dedicated developer community that's still very active. Had that phone for over 3 years now.

So I have two 'buts' for not going through with the purchase.
    12-15-2016 02:52 PM
    I've pre-ordered Huawei Mate 9 Pro but as the release is nearing, I'm kinda wondering if I'm making a mistake.
    It does seem to be a great phone, so that's not where my hesitation lies. Although it does seem odd how few recommendations it sees from reviewers albeit it's the regular model that most review. The Pro model is pretty much the Porsche model without the Porsche logo and 128 GB storage instead of 256.

We're looking at a interesting 2017 with a host of new stuff coming out whereas you could say the Mate 9 closes out 2016.
    We got (in no particular order) bezel-less designs, embedded fingerprint scanners, Bluetooth 5, 10nm SoCs, category 16 LTE modems and more coming next year.

So we're close to seeing a lot of new great devices; of course that doesn't invalidate current models at all.

Second thing is that I'm so used to constantly flashing new ROMs, kernels and other mods. There is no indication that Huawei phones will see any of the development we see on Qualcomm-based devices.

I guess I should say that I'm coming from an LG G2 which is aging gracefully because it has such a dedicated developer community that's still very active. Had that phone for over 3 years now.

So I have two 'buts' for not going through with the purchase.
    Dude i used to have a lg g4 and and an s6 edge plus then i opted for the huawei mate 8 and now i jist got the mate 9.I can tell you it is the best power house 6 inch phone on the market nothing comes close performance wise and battery efficiency wise ,i chargey phone for 20 mins from 0 to 60℅ and 60% is like 100% s6 edge pluse it's battery life is double the other phone's camera is amazing screen is crisp clear sharp and vobrant as much as oled only better realistic colors what more could you ask for ?a great ui dual speakers on front one lower ...i mean trust this phone is beautiful you will enjoy it
    12-30-2016 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD