New Tablet Recommendation

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am in the market for a new tablet. I currently have an LG GPad Google Play Edition that has a battery that will not last a day and struggles with more than a couple apps open. I was hoping for some tablet releases coming from CES, but did not see anything Android related.

That said, I use my tablet primarily for reading on a daily basis- social media, newspapers, magazines and news feeds. On a regular basis, I use it for music (large music collection ~50GB) and streaming video. When I travel, I also use it to download movies for the car/plane.

I am looking for an 8 to 10 inch tablet, preferably with near stock android (I am not a fan of skins). With the amount of music I have, I would like one that has a microSD slot.

I have looked into the Shield K1 and the Pixel C. I am concerned the K1 will not get updated to Nougat, and the Pixel C is short on storage, not to mention a little pricey. I have not ruled out either. What do others recommend?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure what to suggest for a tablet, but have you considered one of the newer Chromebooks announced at CES? The newer ones have a good chance of running Android apps out of the box.

I know this one is a bit pricey, going for a little under $500, but it flips to be a tablet, 12+" and will have better battery life than a tablet: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-Chromebook-Flip-C302CA/
From the AC article: Hands-on with the awesome ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 | Android Central

Thanks! I actually did consider that, but would prefer something smaller and lighter. I have no use for a keyboard and want something that is designed to be used with fingers rather than a mouse.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I actually did consider that, but would prefer something smaller and lighter. I have no use for a keyboard and want something that is designed to be used with fingers rather than a mouse.
OK. Well, for the most part, you would be looking at a Samsung tablet, but I don't think they announced anything at CES. They may at MWC in Late February, but that is still speculation. The tablet market is shrinking.

Christian_heller

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I just bought the Google Pixel C and I quite like it. However, I also agree that Samsung has been producing some great tablets. I do like the Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well :)
I found some info here around which tablet best to buy but the site is in German so not sure it will be useful for you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke